This year I want to accomplish....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

nicci1999

Gymnast
So there is a thread going around, that I thought I would hijack and post here for all us "old" people! The year is (sadly) starting to wind down, so I thought it would be cool to post what we want to accomplish in the coming new year! And feel free to add what you have accomplished this year over all too! So here is mine...

Overall- make it to intermediate prep opt
Floor:
1) ROBHS on floor without a spot
2) Front flyspring (can do it on tramp and TT)
3) Walk halfway across floor in Handstand
4) Front tuck
5) Straddle press handstand

Beam:
1) Cartwheel on high beam
2) BWO on low beam(maybe high beam!)
3) Nice high leaps!
4) Probably more I am not thinking of!!!!
5) FWO on beam

Vault:
1) FHS

Bars:
Polish the few skills I have, THEN......
1) FHC
2) Baby giant
3) Flyaway
4) A kip!!
5) Squat on

Since my quest began 11 months ago, I have gotten my handstand flatback on vault, BHC on bars, an almost pullover lol, an almost undershoot on bars,
front handspring, front flyspring on TT and tramp, a VERY nice handstand-if I do say so myself! Handstand on beam(most days) cartwheel on low beam, split leap on beam, a full beam routine(YAY!), psuedo squat on on bars(use big mat block, jump to low bar, jump to high bar), a good tap swing, 75% BWO and 50% ROBHS, and lots more too!

I want to get strong enough to show my girls all the compulsory bars routines without endangering myself.

Also, backwalkover-bhs on beam.

ANYTHING new on floor would be awesome, because it's been a while. I'll go with front pike though, and fronthandspring front layout on TT.

Now that my foot is about 75% recovered I think I'm ready to think about what I'd like to accomplish. First I'd really like to get this little adult gymnast team working together and excited about competing. Right now I'm realizing its just challenging to get everyone to consistently be there on Saturday. They all promised to be there saturday and we ended up with just 2 of us but hopefully this saturday will be better. Once I get us together consistently my next goal is to get them thinking about actually trying to get better and competing and of course there's the challenge of getting the coaches to take us seriously.
But besides all that I want to accomplish getting back to tumbling on the floor. Right now I'm doing rdo bhs backfull into the pit from the tumbletrack but I want to get back to rdo bhs on the floor and eventually rdo bhs tuck. I would like to start training Tsuk vaults into the pit when I can sprint again. Hopefully that will be very soon. I'd also like to get a good level 6 routine down on bars and work giants also. I guess I should get back to doing more beam but with my ankle I'm still a little nervous. So I guess my main goal is to get back to do some backwalkovers on low beam (rather than the little wimpy floor beam) and just building my confidence enough to start doing jumps and turns on beam again. Anyway it just feels great to be able to be to the point where I feel I can start making real progress again.

Next year...
Floor
Handspring front tuck
RO BHS BT. (I have a fear thing with this. It's well past time I got over it! Major goal)
Maybe a change leg leap

Bars
Connected routine
Upward circle, back hip circle, squat on catch, Upward circle, back hip circle, straddle on undershoot.
Maybe maybe maybe a kip.

Beam
Cartwheel
BWO
A proper full spin

Vault
Move the handspring full twist to the proper vault. It doesn't have to be brilliant, just over it and round!

I think this was a great post to steal.

Before the end of 2009 I hope to (illness permitting I keep getting sick and missing gymn!!)

FLOOR:
Roundoff back handspring
Front Tuck
more consistency in my front handspring
polish off my floor routine and be able to do the whole thing through without collapsing at the end LOL

BEAM:
more consistency, polish my handstand and stick my cartwheel more often
begin working on my roundoff
possibly start working a front tuck dismount

VAULT:
continue to clean up my handspring
work a half on

BARS:
kip
free hip circle
squat on

I don't think I'll get all of them done, cause I seem to keep missing weeks and we only have like 30-45 minutes to work on our skills each week after warm-up but I'm going to try!

~Katy

Before the end of 2009 I would like to have competed my layout 1/2 on floor in a meet. I also would like to have my front walkover on beam consistently, my double back flyaway into the pit consistent and ready to take out of the pit, and have my tsuks be safe to flip on my own regularly (right now, sometimes good and bad days with them). I also want to make my blind change over the bar, and put a bhs into my beam routine, at least in practice.

i checked my goals that i posted for '09.

camp '09: didn't happen but i am working out three times a week now so i am in better shape to do camp next year.
camp '10: who's joining me in '10?
vault '09: i haven't actually vaulted all year. still babying the ankle.
vault '10: i want to learn a good hand full.
bars '09: i've only made 5 kip cast hands, i don't really work on them! but i am stronger on bars.
bars '10: a clean routine. not bent elbows on clear hips, no bent elbows or knees on gaints. all these new form things were pointed out in the video taping of my gymnastics.
beam '09: working on a bhs series on low beam with the mats flush. still very inconsistent.
beam '10: bhs series and i want a more fluid beam routine
floor '09: i can do the fht ft! i don't work on it. after i landed a couple i decided that was good enough. i don't think i want to compete this.
floor '10: i think that i want my two salto pass to be ro whip bhs back pike or ro bhs back tuck front tuck. i want a new floor routine. better get going on that!

My first goal is to get these pesky stress fractures out of the way. I thought they were (at last) healing and even did a lap of running yesterday and some jumps, but this morning they hurt again.. gah.

My main goals for 2010 are:

Bars:
* Layout flyaway.
* Strap-bar giants- I'm not very far, I just need to bother with them more.
* CONSISTENT STRAIGHT ARM KIPS. Not very far there either, but it's baby steps for me.
* Long hang kip.

Floor- assuming I'm ever allowed to tumble again:
* ROBHS-something (even BT)- my BHS isn't very strong.
* RO-back layout.
* Front tuck? I don't think my legs would ever be able to take the pressure of the punch, though.
* Standing BHS.

Beam:
* Get my cartwheel back- I'm terrified of this because I fell twice, the same way (and one on a floor beam) in a really, really painful way.
* Maybe start pirouettes, leaps- depends on my legs.

I hate my shins, I really do.

Bars:
* that darn kip
* front hip circle
* baby giant

Floor:
* RO-BHS-BT
* standing BT
* FHS-FHS-FT
* Standing BHS
* BWO (don't ask)

Vault:
* Handspring

Just bumping this up some guys so we can compare last years goals, what we have accomplished, as well as since this post and next years goals!!

Before the end of 2009 I would like to have competed my layout 1/2 on floor in a meet. I also would like to have my front walkover on beam consistently, my double back flyaway into the pit consistent and ready to take out of the pit, and have my tsuks be safe to flip on my own regularly (right now, sometimes good and bad days with them). I also want to make my blind change over the bar, and put a bhs into my beam routine, at least in practice.

These were my ''two months left till end of year' goals. Well I got the layout 1/2 in a routine and did the bhs on beam and the blind change. then mid november had surgery and had to stop gymnastics for awhile. But when I return after the next surgery I will need (probably will be early 2011 when I return) these things will be my goals, since I will need to 'get things back' after missing so much time.

These were my ''two months left till end of year' goals. Well I got the layout 1/2 in a routine and did the bhs on beam and the blind change. then mid november had surgery and had to stop gymnastics for awhile. But when I return after the next surgery I will need (probably will be early 2011 when I return) these things will be my goals, since I will need to 'get things back' after missing so much time.

I wish I had seen you do those!! Hopefully you will be back before 2011, even if it is "easy" stuff you are doing. Besides, I need someone to compare myself to lol :eek: And you know you will get those back in no time, especially if you continue to train with the level 8s and higher

My next surgery is gonna be anytime between April and October, that's the latest. Kind of a wide range. But no ab work or strain for three months after that.

My main goal this year is to compete this summer but I also am hoping to get my rdo bhs backlayout or full and fronthandspring fronttuck on floor, my giants, cast handstand and layout flyaway on bars, backhandspring on beam and tsuk on vault.

Ok, I realize this thread was started forever ago, but I decided something else I would love to learn how to do, if not this year then next year. A valdez. I think those are so neat looking!

Ok, I realize this thread was started forever ago, but I decided something else I would love to learn how to do, if not this year then next year. A valdez. I think those are so neat looking!

Aren't they? Esp. on beam. You could probably get it because of being so flexible. I used to have it, have not tried in awhile, but it did not look so good, because of not having a full split over the top and arms being kind of wide. I know how to teach it though so yeah, we will work on it in the future :)

Can't wait! Yeah, I would LOVE to have one in a beam routine, I think they look better there. I think I am going to try to go to Friday morning adult class just to get some conditioning done, and maybe some other little things

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back