WAG Thoughts on these gymnastics "lullabies"?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Jeanne Foster

Proud Parent
Hi Everyone I'm Jeanne I'm new here!
My daughter is a level 7, but I have a bit of an odd question that I hoped you all could help me with.

Online I came across this CD of "gymnastics lullabies" that I thought would be really great for my 4y/o niece who just started gym. (she is loving it:) ) They are sweet, but if you click the "lyrics" button, some of them are a bit upsetting in the way they talk about the sport. Like one of the songs is about retiring at 13, and seems to blame her coach for ignoring her when she got older. And another is all about mental blocks and fear and is maybe a bit upsetting for a young gymnast to hear. But then some others are quite sweet and talk about muscle memory, trusting your coach, or working hard even though your body is growing.

I have mixed feelings because it does seem to address important problems of "aging" gymnasts and might help girls learn how to deal with those struggles (I'm starting to see some of these in my own daughter), but it is also honestly just a bit sad and discouraging to listen to!

Anyway, I was hoping some of you could take a look and share your thoughts. I'm not sure if this is the kind of thing I'd want to order for my niece. Hard to tell if it would end up giving her a positive or negative message! I included the link below for anyone to check out.
>> annaazizzy.bandcamp.com/album/lullabies-for-retired-gymnasts
Thanks in advance for all your help, Chalk Bucket!
Jeanne Foster

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back