Throwing my head back in a standing tuck

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I need help not throwing my head back. I used to be a gymnast and now I dance. My coach wants me to do a standing tuck in a dance and I told her I would get it to show her that I can work hard and learn things quickly. I have been doing it off a mat in my basement but I keep throwing my head back. Do you guys have any tips on how I can stop throwing my head back. By the way I need to get it by Saturday

How old are you? We cannot help you with a skill, online, with no video, in less than a week.

I am 15 but I just want tips on how to not throw my head back. I don’t need it in a week. I just would like to make my coach proud. Like tips you have said in the past

You must be 16 to join the Chalk Bucket for your safety and ours. You may continue to read posts if people answer after I ban you. Please come back when you are 16.

The only safe way to learn the skill would be to get coaching from a qualified tumbling or gymnastics coach. Maybe you could get some private lessons at a gym near you.
I think that your initiative and determination is great but I would strongly not recommend trying this at home. It sounds like you have developed a bad habit already which is harder to overcome when learning a new skill. It is also very dangerous.

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but the answer to "how do I fix this in less than a week in my basement without a coach" is: you don't. There are a number of drills I would use for this, but they all require mats and/or pits and/or a trampoline, and most importantly they all require a coach to be there to watch you.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back