WAG Tiger paws on beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mine has been using them on beam for three years now with a BHS-BHS series for 2.5 of those years. Some girls feel they are slippery on beam, but it doesn't bother her.

I use two pairs of tiger paws, one that is older and very broken in for beam, and another newer pair for floor/vault. My newer pair tends to be slippery because I haven't used them on beam a lot, but once you start using them they adapt and become grippy. I wore my older pair on beam a lot so now they are broken in for beam work.

Thats funny. I was going to say just the opposite. Sometimes when they get really worn out, the thumb area gets the most worn and "slippery" where the leather or whatever material it is under the colored fabric, so the newer they are is usually more "grippy" But everyone has a preference :)

I use two pairs of tiger paws, one that is older and very broken in for beam, and another newer pair for floor/vault. My newer pair tends to be slippery because I haven't used them on beam a lot, but once you start using them they adapt and become grippy. I wore my older pair on beam a lot so now they are broken in for beam work.

Thats funny. I was going to say just the opposite. Sometimes when they get really worn out, the thumb area gets the most worn and "slippery" where the leather or whatever material it is under the colored fabric, so the newer they are is usually more "grippy" But everyone has a preference :)
Yes, I do agree that the leather gets worn out but I think they are still grippier than my others. I can definitely see how someone might feel that the thumb area is slippery though.

They make water proof tiger paws that might help reduce slippage on beam since they are made for diving boards.
I have the waterproof ones. I don't use them for beam because I don't like the extra girth and stiffness, but they are made of a rubbery feeling material that seems much less slippery than the regular tiger paws.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back