WAG Tim Rand Invitational, FL

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

CanAmGymMum

Coach
Proud Parent
Has anyone been to this meet? We're headed there in less than two weeks and would love any tips or ideas on things to do with our team while we're there.

We mostly hung out at the pool and the hotel, running around. It was a fun meet. Not the best for dd, but that was beside the point.

The meet is awesome! When you stick a dismount, get a high score, show artistry, etc., the gymnast gets "twister bucks" that you are allowed to use at the gymnast mall at the end of awards :) Tim Rand is my favorite meet! And same as LGnyc. We hung out at the pool and hotel.

Our gymnasts are super excited about the Twister bucks! We have a little bit of down time so trying to decide if we should plan an outing or just hang out at the pool. Not everyone has seen the ocean before, so we will check that out.

Reactions: sce
WOW! I find that to be such a bizarre concept that some kids have never seen the ocean!

One of the great things about a site like this, where there are participants from every country, is hearing about the little cultural differences. Australian kids are always in the water! All of our major cities are near the ocean, so even the small numbers who live in the small outback towns see the ocean.

The meet is in West Palm Beach this year- its a new venue. It is in walking distance to City Place in downtown West Palm Beach- there are tons of things to do in that area and yes also very close to the beach- where are you all staying- at the Marriot?

http://www.cityplace.com/
It's not down in Broward this year?
So I just looked, and it's at the convention center - I "just" said to my DD as we past it last week "It would be great to have had a meet there!" (after navigating the Orlando convention center two weekends in a row to watch friends..) and she agreed - LOL! Had no idea Tim Rand was there this year!

Has anyone been to this meet? We're headed there in less than two weeks and would love any tips or ideas on things to do with our team while we're there.

So now that I know where it is - I agree with @twocurlygirlz - go to CityPlace.
You will be within spitting distance of the ocean - definitely go!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back