WAG Time for L8 floor music

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

Deleted member 18037

My gymmie is getting new floor music this year.

Most of the pieces she likes come in 1:30 and 1:10 sec cuts. Coach says to make sure she likes the 1:30 version because that the one she should get.

One of her favorites is 1:20 will that meet the minimum.

Thanks in advance. Don't even want to send it to the coach as a possibility if its too short.

My gymmie is getting new floor music this year.

Most of the pieces she likes come in 1:30 and 1:10 sec cuts. Coach says to make sure she likes the 1:30 version because that the one she should get.

One of her favorites is 1:20 will that meet the minimum.

Thanks in advance. Don't even want to send it to the coach as a possibility if its too short.
I know of a L8 that had music that was only 1:15 and she was able to get everything in.

Dd’s coach told us parents that music that she wanted music that was 1:20-1:30. She didn’t want anything shorter than 1:20. So I think it’s within the range to send to the coach for approval. I’m sure the coach will let you know if it’s too short.

There is nothing as 'too short', at least I don't believe there's a deduction for it. Now if your DD loves performing, pick a longer piece. Shorter music means less time for dance and choreography, since the skills in the routine will take about the same amount of time.

The 1:10 piece is used for level 6 and multiple Xcel levels, and probably too short to get all the required elements in

I once had a level 8 move from another gym with floor music that I think was around 1:00. She did the bare minimum- 2 tumbling passes, a leap pass, a turn- and managed to cram everything in. No extras and probably a few composition deductions, but I think it scored decently. When she came to my gym she did Xcel where it scored exceptionally well. I believe she also competed it in high school meets and somehow managed to squeeze in a 3rd pass.
That being said, the lack of length made it almost impossible to make changes within the routine which was a point of frustration for our HC so I'm not sure I would recommend, but a 1:20 cut should be absolutely doable.

My DD's gym had a L8 whose music was just under 1:10 last year -- She took first in State on floor and like 6/7th at Regionals on floor. Music was super (super!) fast paced (honestly don't know how she kept her breath) which probably helped her to get everything in; She had two packed tumbling passes, leap pass, plenty of dance.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back