Off Topic Tips for remembering quotes?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Normally I just learn stuff by rote and writing them out over and over again, but there's so much to learn for English this year (as well as everything else) I'm finding it isn't really helping much.

Anyone got any tips to help remember quotes from a novel, two short stories and Othello?

We don't know what questions are coming up and we don't get any notes into the exam, so basically we need to know them all pretty much off by heart...(gulps). 107 days till the exam... help me!

Sometimes it helps if you make it into a song or recite the phrase to a melody. I find it much easier to remember songs from eons ago but can never remember just recited words.

Hope this helps!!!

Just repeat it over and over and over...haha, JOKING (unless you seriously WANT to do that...) I find it helpful when I'm thinking of a quote to associate it with an object/person/place.

Thanks guys! I actually hit on a really useful way, I make posters of everything and stick them on my wall. It totally works, except Johnny Depp and James McAvoy are now relegated to the back of the wardrobe and my back wall looks like this:

Random.jpg

Poor Johnny Depp and James McAvoy...lol, joking! That's a good idea actually! :)

I had to do some memorization my freshman year... some Romeo and Juliette if I remember correctly. I was having trouble with one line so I wrote it in lipstick on my bathroom mirror. That way every time I went in there I would repeat the line to myself over and over again.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back