Parents Tips on L6 beam and vault routines

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Canadian Gym Mom

Proud Parent
Hi folks! My daughter just had her first L6 comp this year and is looking for ways to improve her beam and vault routines. I would love to get advice from you on where she could have less deductions. I can see a few small things, but I am not experienced enough to give her detailed feedback. Here are the videos, any input would be greatly appreciated :)

Beam (she got a 8.95):
dropbox.com/s/huo2i1olrmdy9to/Gym_J06_Beam-2022.mp4?dl=0

Vault (she got a 8.75):
dropbox.com/s/8k0usmgfntkgl3o/Gym%20JO6_Vault%202022.mp4?dl=0

Note: We are from Canada. Her level is JO6, which I think is similar to L6 in the US.

Unfamiliar with the Canada system, but if it's similar to US, I'll go off that. Vault, a Yurchenko onto a mat stack could be an upgrade. I can't spot any corrections, maybe someone else will.
Beam: Little wobbles on the 360 turn and back handspring. Also her legs in the back handspring could be straighter. Was the jump at the start a split jump or sissone? If it was a split jump than her split could be more even.

Thats's all I could see, her routines were great! Maybe someone else can spot more?

Unfamiliar with the Canada system, but if it's similar to US, I'll go off that. Vault, a Yurchenko onto a mat stack could be an upgrade. I can't spot any corrections, maybe someone else will.
Beam: Little wobbles on the 360 turn and back handspring. Also her legs in the back handspring could be straighter. Was the jump at the start a split jump or sissone? If it was a split jump than her split could be more even.

Thats's all I could see, her routines were great! Maybe someone else can spot more?
Thanks for your feedback Em09!
On beam, her jump at the start was a sissone. I wonder how much is deducted for the bent legs in the bh and those wobbles?

On the vault, I'll have to check. I have not seen anyone do the Yurchenko on a mat in her group.

Good about the sissone. Yurchenkos for US Level 6. There might be some differences, but always good to check. The wobbles and bent legs are up to .3 deductions. They weren't too major, the back handspring more major than the turn.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back