WAG Tnt gymnastics

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I know this isn’t a question about wag but I’m want to try tnt gymnastic. I been looking through the requirements and I think I would easily be in level 6 maybe 7 but levels 1-7 are compulsory, is there any I can skip those levels? Also by the way I am a xcel platinum artistic gymnast, so I have experience with gymnastic.

Yes, you can enter all the way to level 7 without scoring out. It would be at your gyms discretion. My daughter stopped artistic gymnastics when she was training level 8 and jumped right into level 7 for all the events for T&T.

T&T is different then gymnastics. And even though she had some really good skills that translated well the flipping and skill expectation are different for scoring. So it takes some getting used to.

The good news is you don't have to be the same level for every event. Or even do every event. And you can get your mobility score mid season and move up as your skills develop!

Welcome to T&T my daughter loves it, I hope you do too!

Yes, you can enter all the way to level 7 without scoring out. It would be at your gyms discretion. My daughter stopped artistic gymnastics when she was training level 8 and jumped right into level 7 for all the events for T&T.

T&T is different then gymnastics. And even though she had some really good skills that translated well the flipping and skill expectation are different for scoring. So it takes some getting used to.

The good news is you don't have to be the same level for every event. Or even do every event. And you can get your mobility score mid season and move up as your skills develop!

Welcome to T&T my daughter loves it, I hope you do too!
We're considering moving from JO (2nd yr level 4) to T&T. Where can I find results for meets in our area? I believe we only have one gym in our town that competes T&T.

Meet results aren't listed the way artistic gymnastics meets are. The best way I know to find results is to figure out which meets the gym attended. Some of the meet hosts or meet websites will have past meet scores listed there. Especially if it was a big meet. Also I believe the USAG T&T website will have past national scores if you spend some time searching through the site. Also check to see if they have social media sites. Sometimes a lot of meet updates are there. Or at least you can see the range of athlete levels they have at their gym.

I've found that the coaching philosophy for T&T is much different than at gymnastics. My daughter regularly has a coach from another gym come in and coach girls on trampoline. Or they go to thay gym to get a little bit of extra practice. And at meets the coaches all give advice and spot and cheer on gymnasts form different gyms. So my best advice would just be to call the gym and ask them about their gym philosophies and how many local regional meets they do, and if they participate in National competition. (I will say most of the T&T gyms have a more athlete first mentality anyway, there are always outliers where I wouldn't be happy if my daughter had landed there) So keep thay in mind as well.

Meet results aren't listed the way artistic gymnastics meets are. The best way I know to find results is to figure out which meets the gym attended. Some of the meet hosts or meet websites will have past meet scores listed there. Especially if it was a big meet. Also I believe the USAG T&T website will have past national scores if you spend some time searching through the site. Also check to see if they have social media sites. Sometimes a lot of meet updates are there. Or at least you can see the range of athlete levels they have at their gym.

I've found that the coaching philosophy for T&T is much different than at gymnastics. My daughter regularly has a coach from another gym come in and coach girls on trampoline. Or they go to thay gym to get a little bit of extra practice. And at meets the coaches all give advice and spot and cheer on gymnasts form different gyms. So my best advice would just be to call the gym and ask them about their gym philosophies and how many local regional meets they do, and if they participate in National competition. (I will say most of the T&T gyms have a more athlete first mentality anyway, there are always outliers where I wouldn't be happy if my daughter had landed there) So keep thay in mind as well.
Thanks for this info!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back