Coaches To buy or to build… that is the ?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ok, so I coach at our local gym (only one in town, location in mid-west) and the gym owner is moving back home which is out of state after 13 years of running a successful business. I have gymnasts on team and am considering stepping into her position as owner and head coach. The space is leased and sits a little over 6,000 sq ft. Current enrollment is steady and consistent. 4 additional coaches on staff for rec program. Operational mainly from 4-8 pm thru the week. Clinics, parties, meets, etc. on weekends. Competitive team (approx. 20 gymnasts) including 6 boys all competing in the AAU program.
My dilemma: the difficulty in putting a price on a current up and running gym???
The inventory list is totaled at nearly $150k for everything there including equipment, furniture, down to office supplies. (That number does not include buying the name and existing students.)
My goal would be to have a stand-alone structure designed for gymnastics (in-ground pits, trampoline, etc.) that we build and own.
Soooo… should I make an offer to purchase existing business in leased location? OR is it more feasible to start my own journey from ground up with a business plan and a small business loan?
My experience: former level 9 gymnast, college graduate, mom of 3 with 2 on team… for now! ;)
Thanks in advance!

You need to see the financials to see what the gym is doing.

Contact Bryon... he can help you...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back