To involved parents???????

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

okay so this is a fun question for all gymnasts!!!!!!!!! And we will keep this between each other!!!!!!!!!! Is there lots of involved parents at your gym?????????

(P.S. plz tell me yes or no and tell me a story that you think is sorta funny like not funny but you know what i mean lol!!!!!!!):):rolleyes:;):p:D:beam::bars::floor::vault::eek:hio::unitedstates:

Not me. I'm in charge of
money.jpg

And this:
Chauffeur.jpg

Other then that, I only do what I'm told:D

Not at our gym, there is no room for parents to stay and watch and you know that really cuts down on the drama. I haven't even seen 90% of the girls do a floor routine this year, no way for parents to compare etc if they are never there!

Not at our gym, there is no room for parents to stay and watch and you know that really cuts down on the drama. I haven't even seen 90% of the girls do a floor routine this year, no way for parents to compare etc if they are never there!

Wish my gym was like this.

EDIT: well, sometimes I do.

Last edited:
There are a few, but not many. We do a have a pretty big area for the parents, but most of the time the parents just drive and pay haha, like teamdad said. I've had a few parents be super intese with their kids, but "oddly" the girl ending up burning out in the end. I remember at meets if she didn't get atleast 5th place she wasn't allowed to go to a sleepover. Our gym has a ton of banners with nationallly ranked gymnasts, but that comes from the gymnast, not from the parents. Our gym likes to have fun, and the coaches don't like the in your face parent shaha

Where has all the drama gone? All 5 of our L9's (including my dd) now have their driver's liscense and they drive themselves to gym. I rarely see any of these parents anymore (several, including dd, have been there from the old rec days eleven years ago) - no more drama for me. I guess there is still plenty to go around amoung the lower levels but no longer for me. I just supply the money.

I always hear the parents are not participating in the booster club enough. Typically a few parents do 90 percent of the work.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back