Today Show Adult gymnastics

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Isn't it wonderful to see people developing a love for the sport as adults, and also remaining inbthe port past school.Our club has a class for ex team girls who just want to do gym. There is also an adult class for anyone who wants to give it a go. The range in skills and body types is huge, but they always look like they are having a blast. They train after the kids have left, this allows for a more adult atmosphere and less rigidity.Thanks for sharing. Considering most kids quit gym at 12, for so many reasons, it really is fun to see ways to step back in.

Fantastic! We have a very active adult gymnastics program at our club and this trend is very much embraced by our National Gymnastics association - we are trying to raise the profile of gymnastics in our country and encouraging a larger participation base. The more adults aware of gymnastics hopefully will translate to more children.

We also have an open gym for teenagers (many ex-gymnasts) so that they can continue to be involved in the sport. My DS (13) will go most weeks and my DD (competitive L8) is jealous as he gets to do fun things she is not allowed to do in training.

The largest class at our gym is the Thursday night adult tumbling class. We have so much fun. I think I'm going to have to skip this Thursday because my knees are simply killing me and my hands hurt too much from focusing on bars. Ah yes, getting older isn't fun.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back