WAG Tom Forster Stepping Down

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

txgymfan

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Per gymcastic
Forester’s statement: “My passion for this sport has always been working with coaches and athletes to bring out the best in each. I am so proud of what the Women’s Program has accomplished in the last three years and it has been an incredible honor to lead Team USA. Thank you to everyone who supported me during my time in this role. I look forward to supporting the next High Performance Director as they lead our wonderful women’s program.”

His last day is December 31st.

Not surprising, my interactions with Tom have always been positive and he seems like a good guy. I don't think he really wanted this position and he stepped up when someone needed to do it so he should be commended for that. If anything he provided some stability and a soft hand during a tumultuous time. I am curious who will replace him. I am hearing Graba.

I think he has been amazing in a transition period for USAG. He had his faults but generally he treated athletes with respect as human beings, a totally new concept in gymnastics. He didn't make any major positive changes to USAG but nothing extremely wrong. Sad to see him go but think he has done all he ever will for USAG and we need someone more objective to bring about the changes USAG needs.

Does anyone have any ideas who they would want in the role or who is qualified or even who might want it? It’s an impossible job.

Saw a news article earlier about Simone's reaction to the news:

"Wait till y’all realize the real problem with USAG isn’t Tom,” Biles tweeted Wednesday night.

Does anyone have any ideas who they would want in the role or who is qualified or even who might want it? It’s an impossible job.
I think it is an impossible job for one person. I’m probably still a little naive, but I think a collaborative effort from all NTS would be most effective.

I won't miss him. I think your choice depends on what your goals are. I still think there's too much focus on keep everyone happy instead of let's win medals. Maybe they should have a selection camp and let the coaches compete for it? But seriously, I say they give Georgia's former coach Suzanne Yoculan a shot at it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back