Anon Too Late?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

It depends on the gym, as with many things in gymnastics. Many (US) gyms do uptraining in the summer and make official team assignments at the end of summer. If you can find a suitable gym, it would ultimately be up to the time line they have in place.

Hi there. How old is your daughter? What level? I could probably help more if there's some more color.
My daughter is 15, and will be 16 at the end of July. She has done high school gymnastics for the past 2 years and is around xcel gold and platinum, skill wise. We live in the Santa Clara, Bay Area in California if that helps.

My daughter is 15, and will be 16 at the end of July. She has done high school gymnastics for the past 2 years and is around xcel gold and platinum, skill wise. We live in the Santa Clara, Bay Area in California if that helps.
Its definitely not too late age wise! I've see lots of adults competing xcel. She would have to compete silver and then score out to gold/platinum. Timing wise, I would contact teams and look for an eval pretty quickly. Although girls at my DD's gym sometimes join team in March/April, but they don't compete for the season. There are a lot of teams in your area. Airborne is pretty well known and they do well in competitions. Good luck!

If a team of the right age/level has space available, they will probably take her anytime. It costs $ to have an empty spot available on a tram.

They may have filled their teams to capacity, but that doesn’t mean a spot won’t come up.

As a gym owner I wouldn’t tend to take a new kid straight into team. They may have the skills but I would need to see how they worked, took on feedback committed etc.

So you may need to look at doing some rec classes first.

I think it will depend on the gym, so that should be a question you ask during evaluations. IS it too late for her to join team now if she has the appropriate skills? Do you have a specific timeline for when levels are assigned and how flexible are you with that? Do you have openings in your XCel practice teams should you determine she has the skills needed for those levels?

These will help you determine if they would be able to help you get her on team (if she has the skills which it sounds like she would)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back