Too old??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi there.
my moms telling me that im too old to do gymnastics): i think im really good..on FX i can do ro bhs bhs, ro layout, ro bhs tuck, ro bhs bhs tuck. Vault i can do front handspring with ½ twist and nearly a tuskahara! And beam i can do cartwheel on floor beam bhs step out, bwo, fhs. IM REALLLYYY flexible What level am i? I train every day. Im 17 and my moms telling me to quit. Should i still continue? HELPP!!!

Is it a question of money? Because if it is, and you can pay for it yourself, there is no reason for you to have to quit. If its' a matter of "age", well, there are plenty of us in our 20s, 30s, and beyond that not only still do recreation gymnastics, but compete. So age should not be a factor for you to "have" to quit. As far as your skills, I would guess about lvl 8 or so. Depending of course on your bars too

Definitely not too old! I'm 45 and recently met some gymnasts in their 50s. I don't do levels but I'm probably only about a level 3. You have a lot of great skills! Is there maybe another reason your mum wants you to quit? To save money? Give you more time to study? You need to have a heart-to-heart talk with your mum.

Hey, I am a 17 year old gymnast as well :) I am probably a similar level to you and I'm a level 6 in Australia but you seem a little stronger on vault than I am. Don't quit! you will regret it! you are definitely not too old!!

I am 30 yrs old gymnast -- taking Adult Gymnastic class..... even with my prior experience while I was in junior high. I still have my skills but out of practice tho.

It is fun to be able to do the sport that you enjoy doing... :)

As others have said, you are not too old for gymnastics. You are never too old for gymnastics of some type. Lots of people don't even start gymnastics until their 30's, 40's or even 50's. I know of people still competing who are 60-85 years of age. They idea of being to old at 17 is crazy.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back