Parents Too old ?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

You have to compete at least one meet as silver and score at least a 31 all around score before competing gold :). It is possible to do one meet at silver then turn around and compete gold even the same weekend but that’s up to the gym!
That’s what I was seeing but definitely don’t want to jump ahead too much. Still getting the dust settled about moving gyms. once we attend a few practices it will be better. First practice is this Tuesday then starting midnMay she will go 2 days a week.

That’s what I was seeing but definitely don’t want to jump ahead too much. Still getting the dust settled about moving gyms. once we attend a few practices it will be better. First practice is this Tuesday then starting midnMay she will go 2 days a week.
Well I kinda want to jump but don’t. If that make sense. Still need the dust to settle. The one beautiful thing about the new gym is if the kids want to try something new there is no hold back as long as they do it safely. There are routines of course but if a gymnast wants to work on a particular skill there is no hold back where the old gym she had to just follow same thing over and over even though she had mastered those skills. (Another factor in why we moved)
Can’t wait till next week!

Well I kinda want to jump but don’t. If that make sense. Still need the dust to settle. The one beautiful thing about the new gym is if the kids want to try something new there is no hold back as long as they do it safely. There are routines of course but if a gymnast wants to work on a particular skill there is no hold back where the old gym she had to just follow same thing over and over even though she had mastered those skills. (Another factor in why we moved)
Can’t wait till next week!
That’s one thingI love about Xcel! Within reason (has to be allowed skills for that level) they can add upgraded skills to their routines as they get them and that’s super fun. My daughter got her round off back handspring mid season and she was allowed to put it in her routine the very next meet.

I do think it is good to not push too hard up to the next level though- we had a friend join our team that could have done bronze or silver but had never competed before so they decided to do bronze and was very successful. I think she gained a lot of confidence without feeling pressure!

Sounds like you have a great situation here! Best of luck and congrats to your daughter!

She is going to begin training so. They said she she is close to Gold. Are you allowed to move (providing she gets the skills mastered) to move levels without competing the first one? This will be a new world for us now.
I started at silver and know a couple of girls who started at gold but they were transferring from JO. Gymnastics Hq has skill lists for each level and requirements for scoring out. I know you can’t skip gold or above I’m not sure about silver, but really I would start at silver if she’s borderline. I knew a girl who went to gold borderline and struggled quite a bit. So much so the coaches wouldn’t move anyone up next year to avoid it happening again! Congrats to her on making team!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back