WAG Too-small grips?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

emmaflips

Gymnast
Are my grips too small? These are my first pair of grips, so I trusted the instruction's vague description of fit and went ahead and broke them in. According to their size chart, they should fit perfectly (size 2 is between 6 1/2' and 7 1/4, and I'm 6 3/4'), but they just generally seem a little small since I can't extend my hand all the way. The grip itself measures 5 3/4', which makes me feel that it is too small even more.

Even if it isn't the right size, is there any way that it might stretch out to the right size? I'm an older gymnast, but I'm about to start training level 4, so I'm hoping my size would be able to stretch it out enough.

Looks good to me. Have you asked your coach what he thinks about it? It can be hard to judge from a picture

Now I hope you do wear wristbands for practice!

Looks good to me. Have you asked your coach what he thinks about it? It can be hard to judge from a picture

Now I hope you do wear wristbands for practice!

That's a relief! I do have wristbands- thanks for checking :)! My grips just came in yesterday night so I'll double-check with my coach when I have practice tomorrow.

You’re in luck, those grips fit well. You know the size is correct when your hand is slightly closed and not able to open fully stretched. Judging from the picture, it looks just right.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back