Too Soon?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

paigeagpaigeag

Proud Parent
Hi, I'm new here and I have some questions about preschool gymnastics. My DD is 3 and had her first class yesterday. She seemed to enjoy it, but about 1/2 way through kind of started to wander. Is this typical? The teacher had to keep directing her, which I would think is normal at this age. Is it maybe too soon to be in a class by herself? she is pretty shy until she gets to know you. Should I just keep going and hope she catches on and becomes more focused? She is super smart but kind of a trouble maker.

Also, how many kids should be in a class like this? I should note that there is no air conditioning and it was about 96 yesterday!

Soooo Normal!!!

Heck they all do that no matter what age they are when its hot like that. Ok they all do that even if it isn't hot.
She will be fine. If the coach was worried about it she/he would let you know. Just relax and enjoy her enjoyment of the sport (hard I know when they are just starting out and are your baby but you can do it)

Totally normal like Gymbee said. :) Mine's 5, and will start to lose focus/wander if they spend too long on one thing. The other day she found some balloons from camp, and started passing them out to the other pre-team girls who were paying attention. So I have a little trouble maker too :p If there's no fun at the moment, she makes her own. You're paying for her to go learn and have fun, the coaches understand they are little. :)

It's very normal for 3- and 4-year-olds to wander during class. Part of learning at this age is learning how to listen to the teacher and developing social skills. Preschool gymnastics is about so much more than learning gymnastics. It's about learning gross motor skills, social skills, and even cognitive development. It sounds like she's on track with where she should be. If she was 7 and wandering off during class, then I would worry.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back