WAG TOPS results, ugggggg

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymBeeMom

Proud Parent
Anybody else frustrated? Still no results. Who knows when they will have all this straightened out. We have girls (and their coaches and parents) anxiously waiting. Trying to patient but really wishing we knew already:( Anybody else in the same boat?

My daughter has asked me at least a dozen times over the last few days. I cannot understand the complexities of these calculations. It must be a much more difficult process than I thought. I don't think my DD has a very good chance of making a camp, but it'd be nice to know.

Kim Riley clearly said that she was going to have the results by Monday (yesterday). I guess we'll just have to learn patience!

At this point and with so many mistakes and issues,IMO they should add a camp. Its a stressfull situation on the girls ,coaches and parents and all the mistakes have clearly been made on the TOPS OFFICIALS part. It would be devasting to any gymnast to learn they made it to only have it retracted

wondering if there is a hotline we can refer parents to? I think everyone has been very patient.. Whoever said patience is a virtue must be the same guy that said winning isnt everything!

Any chance that they have distributed results and those of us still "waiting" have gymmies that didn't qualify for either camp?

Any idea how they are calculated? Those look like completely different numbers from last year.

I know there were changes :). Just thought the total scores would look someone close to the same - given the weighting as defined in the skills testing guidelines. But... Clueless I will remain...probably happily. Maybe I should change my profile name to "clueless" - cause I sure feel that way :D

one email said the cut offs are 152.35 for A and 142.71 for B ,another email says 132.17 for A and 123.84 for B

I was just forwarded the email from Kim. No idea how the numbers were calculated. Keep in mind when comparing these numbers to previous years that the TOP program removed the shoulder flexibility, vertical jump and sprint from the physical abilities.

Found out that my dd and all her teammates made it to A camp. It felt like a long wait:( SOOOO happy for the girls and wish the rest of you answers TODAY!!!! I would post the scores but I honestly have no idea what they are! If I find out, I will post.

My 10 yr old dd and her younger teammate 8 yrs old got their results. My dd made b camp and her teammate made a. We r proud of both of them. But i got a copy of their results but thought it was weird that they used the same formulas and weights to come up with way different adj total scores. Who knows?!!lol

The scores were a real issue. Still have no clue what my dd's scores were and apparently i have heard nobody understands how the scores were adjusted. Congrats to your dd and her teammate. Its a wonder anybody is getting to a camp with the administrative messes this year:)

my 10 yr old dd and her younger teammate 8 yrs old got their results. My dd made b camp and her teammate made a. We r proud of both of them. But i got a copy of their results but thought it was weird that they used the same formulas and weights to come up with way different adj total scores. Who knows?!!lol

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back