TOPS Skills Testing

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

That is a great reply and says every I was thinking only better.

The pressure is part of it. Going up against the 'intense' best of the best is not easy. The mental part of it is a big thing and something the national coaches are looking for.

I remember you discussed about whether even to take her as you knew she hadn't had the preparation for the skills. It must have been very hard for her. I can understand she felt like giving up on the second day. Next year it would be worth going again but well prepared so she can feel it from a different perspective. She may decide she likes the pressure then!

But congratulations for going down there and giving it her best shot. And all that TOPs training will pay off in her routines this season. Good luck

Thnkgd4kds- I was in your daughters group for physical abilities (I know who she is based on your posts/video and she was in my gymnast's cabin last year at B camp... I knew how mad she was, but she was not the only one in that boat. The coaches were all trying to pump the kids up after casts (she was really strict, but was very consistent all weekend), as they were all bummed, and she was so polite to me, even though she was really mad! LOL!

My heartfelt thanks to all the wisdom, insight, encouragement from all the posters. We have some truly wonderful parents in our gym. But the encouragement and support I've so far received here exceeds anything we get by a marathon-a mile just sounds too short ;-) at our gym

Wish all your dds a wonderful, fun, memorable and successful gymnastics season.

Does anyone, anyone at all have any inside information on national testing? I am obsessed... but someone please put my mind at ease and clue me in on the 10 yr olds scores!

I knew it! I knew you knew something... Aren't you just dying to talk???? I'll listen you talk ... or type I mean

JK... I'm just fishing is all

This is my daughter Jasmine and her Coach Trent after Skills on friday in Texas.
flightskooler-albums-jazzibell-picture3341-j-her-coach-trent-after-skills-testing.jpg

I am so proud of her! Awesome job to everyone who tested for Tops this year! This will be my baby girl's last year for Tops 'cause she'll be 10 in December and they aren't having 11 year olds next year. Kind of a relief for me... to be honest. Phew...

Yeah... she was really confident and never seemed at all worried... I on the other hand... nevermind that, but yeah she had a blast! She is however deathly afraid of Bela's donkey.

I have heard the camels can be quite scary too.

You both have much to be proud of, just making it to National testing is amazing and it really sets the gymnast and coach up to progress well.

Lovely that at 9 years of age she is that confident. What a great gift!

I am so proud of her! Awesome job to everyone who tested for Tops this year! This will be my baby girl's last year for Tops 'cause she'll be 10 in December and they aren't having 11 year olds next year. Kind of a relief for me... to be honest. Phew...

Are they modifying the ages for TOPS? Will it be 8 to 10 years starting next year. Or is it just your gym that will not do 11yo for TOPS?

They rotated with us . He was one of the calmest coaches snd she did amazing

They rotated with us . He was one of the calmest coaches snd she did amazing

Thanks so much. It means a lot to me that you would even remember her. I mean you probably had enough on your mind already. And yeah... he's always like that... Even when he's frustrated he seems totally in control.
What gym are you with if you don't mind my asking?
My daughter mentioned a couple of the girls she rotated with and I'm curious as to whether or not either one was yours...
Oh and to answer your question Dance, that's right, TOPs will not be having 11 year olds next year. I suppose it will just be ages 8 - 10.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back