TOPs testing results

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

lovofu

Proud Parent
Good morning all,

Now that the TOPS tests are over for the states, how long before the national testing rosters are released? My 8 year old did one test and it's our first year for it so I'm just curious.

K

Here are the dates coaches received results the last few years:

2010 - Aug 18th
2009 - Aug 5th
2008 - Aug 19th
2007 - Aug 12th

Then there is usually a week or two lag before the national qualifiers are posted on the USAG website to give coaches time to notify all of their athletes before results are made public.

VISA'S Championship is held the weekend of the 12th-14th.....they usually announce right after that!

anyone have any idea when results will be provided ????

any idea on points for 9 yr old with the following:

Left Split - 14
Right Split - 14
Bridge - 5
Casts - 7
Handstand Hold - 25 secs
Leg Lifts - 20
Presses - 1
Sprint - 3.28
Rope - 8.28
Jump - 18

Here's my guess based on our girls past results:

splits 14
bridge 5
casts 7
hs 5
leg lifts 10
presses 1
sprint 8
rope 10
jump 8
TOTAL 68

Last year the cutoff for 9 years olds was 68, so it's going to be close. The presses definately cost her. If she can improve those, she will be a lock next year.

Thanks! That's sort of what I thought. She's actually still 8 testing as a 9 year old. We have next year to look forward to.

I have sprint at a 7; otherwise, the same. Your child did really well on the talent skills (like run and jump), but then struggled with handstand and presses which most top athletes max easily. I bet she has those down by next year or if your gym trains them more?

Side question . . . Are handstands now bell curved or are certain seconds worth certain points like casts and presses?

does anyone know how many gymnasts were participating in TOPS testing this year?

does anyone know how many gymnasts were participating in TOPS testing this year?

Have heard NOTHING re: Tops from National Office. They have had a TON of extra camps at the ranch which I think has them out straight! I think everyone has to be VERY patient this year. Most coaches should have some idea if the gymnast did well or not and if so, they should be pretty heavy into skill work right now.

I wouldnt be surprised of the numbers are way down- I would extimate down at least 25% based on what I have seen and heard.

All coaches found out their gymnast's scores yesterday. My daughter's coaches found out late yesterday and then called us this morning to say she made it. If you haven't heard anything then the coaches need to email for them.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back