Tops Testing Scores - How did my daughter do?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

WE HAVE NOT BEEN GIVEN ANY INFORMATION....

THE NOTES PERTAINING TO NATIONAL TOPS PTS PER AGE GROUP ARE THEY FROM A RELIABLE SOURCE?

I GUESS WE WILL BE NOTIFIED BY END OF WEEK!:rolleyes:

Please do not use caps lock on the CB, it makes people think you are mad!!!:D

8 year old cutoff for Nationals

Hi,

I didn't get any info yet from my daughters coach. Can you tell me what the cutoff score is for 8 year olds going to Nationals?

Thanks!!

We had three national qualifiers and a Diamond team member and we had to email to get our results...
I believe if your child made it to national testing, the coaches would have been notified yesterday. If they did not qualify, the coaches need to email to get the results. My daughter did not make Nationals. She is 8 and made the gold level. Maybe this will help you figure it out:

Shoulder Flexibility 5
Splits 12.5 pts out of 15 (average of left and right leg)
Hand stand hold 26 seconds = 8pts
Cast to Hand Stands 10/10 = 10pts
Sprint 3.25 seconds = 8 pts
V Jump 15.5 inches = 7 pts
Rope climb 2.95 seconds = 9 pts
Leg lifts 20/20 = 10 pts
press to handstand 2/5 = 4 pts
She had 73.5 points

Hope that helps!

WE HAVE NOT BEEN GIVEN ANY INFORMATION....

THE NOTES PERTAINING TO NATIONAL TOPS PTS PER AGE GROUP ARE THEY FROM A RELIABLE SOURCE?

I GUESS WE WILL BE NOTIFIED BY END OF WEEK!:rolleyes:

From Gary Warren himself...
TOP Coaches,
Thank you for your participation in this year's TOP Testing and making it one of the most successful years ever. Over 2700 athletes tested from 95 different test sites.
Attached are your 2010 TOP State Testing results along with your athlete's Achievement Level. Below is a description of the different Levels of Achievement.
8-11 Year Olds
National Testing Qualifier - Qualifies the athlete to the National TOP Testing scheduled for October 1-3 at the National Team Training Center in Houston, Texas. Information on the testing can be found on the TOPs/Elite website at the following website address: USA Gymnastics Women's Page under TOPs/National TOP Testing.
:: USA Gymnastics :: National TOP Testing Information ::
The athlete will need to register for the National TOP Testing online.
Registration link:
Cut Off Scores for National Testing are
11 Year Old = 77.00
10 Year Old = 72.00
9 Year Old = 68.00
8 Year Old = 75.00
Gold Level - Indicates an 8 Year Old did not qualify for National Testing but scored over 70.00 points. She will receive a National TOP Testing Tee Shirt
Silver Level - Indicates that the athlete did not qualify to National TOP Testing but scored over a 50.00.
Bronze Level - Indicates the athlete scored below a 50.00.
7 Year Olds
Diamond Level - Qualifies a COACH from the athlete's club to the National TOP Training Camp in December. USAG will pay for the coach's room and board. The athlete will receive a National TOP Team Warm-up. Information on the Training Camp will be posted on the TOP/Elite website at the following website address: USA Gymnastics Women's Page under TOPs/National TOP Testing.
Cut off score for the 7 Year Old Diamond Level is:
7 Year Olds = 70.00
Silver Level - Denotes that the athlete scored between the Gold Level (69.50) and over a 50.00.

The coaches need to email to get results. They should have received an email from their TOPs State Mgr telling them the results are in.

I'm just looking to see if anyone can tell me her final score based on her results from tops. . . or at least a guestimate . . .

Testing as an 8 yr old
right split - 14
left split - 13
bridge - 5 pts
cast handstands - 8.5 pts
handstand hold - 30 sec
sprint - 3.16 sec
jump - 17.5 inches
rope - 4 sec
press handstands - 5
leg lifts - 9

Thanks!

My dd got 74 pts. Super bummed out!

From Gary Warren himself...
TOP Coaches,
Thank you for your participation in this year's TOP Testing and making it one of the most successful years ever. Over 2700 athletes tested from 95 different test sites.
Attached are your 2010 TOP State Testing results along with your athlete's Achievement Level. Below is a description of the different Levels of Achievement.
8-11 Year Olds
National Testing Qualifier - Qualifies the athlete to the National TOP Testing scheduled for October 1-3 at the National Team Training Center in Houston, Texas. Information on the testing can be found on the TOPs/Elite website at the following website address: USA Gymnastics Women's Page under TOPs/National TOP Testing.
The athlete will need to register for the National TOP Testing online.
Registration link:
Cut Off Scores for National Testing are
11 Year Old = 77.00
10 Year Old = 72.00
9 Year Old = 68.00
8 Year Old = 75.00
Gold Level - Indicates an 8 Year Old did not qualify for National Testing but scored over 70.00 points. She will receive a National TOP Testing Tee Shirt
Silver Level - Indicates that the athlete did not qualify to National TOP Testing but scored over a 50.00.
7 Year Olds
Diamond Level - Qualifies a COACH from the athlete's club to the National TOP Training Camp in December. USAG will pay for the coach's room and board. The athlete will receive a National TOP Team Warm-up. Information on the Training Camp will be posted on the TOP/Elite website at the following website address: USA Gymnastics Women's Page under TOPs/National TOP Testing.
Cut off score for the 7 Year Old Diamond Level is:
7 Year Olds = 70.00
Silver Level - Denotes that the athlete scored between the Gold Level (69.50) and over a 50.00.

My 9 year old made it to national testing but unfortunately, none of her teammates did not. But they are wondering how they faired. Our coach did not tell them but they'd like to know how close they were. Do you know the breakdown on 9 year olds as far as gold, silver, bronze? Thanks.

I have always kind of guessed the scores based on what the national averages and national bests were the year before for that age group. This year my daughter (who turns 10 in December) scored pretty low compared to what I originally thought she would score. She still made it to Texas but only by a couple of points. So really, who knows?

We got our scores yesterday, so everyone's should be in. We compared with last years scores and were off. I think there are more talented girls this year. My DD made it with 2 qualifying scores, she is ecstatic. Good luck to you!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back