TOPS testings info on USA Gymnastics site

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

2gymmies

Coach
Proud Parent
There is info about cut-offs - it says 70 for 8, 9, and 10 year olds...

Congratulations to all that qualified!

I saw the 7yo diamond cut off was 64. Isn't this lower than usual or am I remembering wrong? It is encouraging for us b/c DD will test as a 7yo next summer and already has maxed out a couple of categories. I was thinking she'd need to get to around 70 for diamond. Hopefully, the diamond cut off won't change much for next year.

It looks like a typo as the rest of the numbers for the 7 y/o do not make sense. It seems to be between 64 and 70 are gold level and 70 plus would be diamond level. That's the way I interpreted it.

My daughter will hopefully hear from her coach tonight. Here are the scores from her 2 testings - can you help me guess what her score would be.

Test 1
Splits 12 & 13
Bridge 5
Casts 9
Handstand 60 sec
Presses 10
Leg lifts 20
Sprint 3.43
Rope climb 9.8
Vertical jump 15.5

Test 2
Splits 13 & 14
Bridge 5
Casts 7
Handstand 60 sec but 2 second deduction - so 58 sec
Presses 10
Leg lifts 20
Sprint 3.35
Rope climb 11.3
Vertical jump 17.5

Thanks!

If she is 10 years old, I got 71 for the first test, 72 for the second
If she is 9 years old, I got 75 for the first test, 76 for the second
So if she is nine, I think she probably made it. If she is 10 it is too close to call, you'll need to wait for the official results from her coach.

Congrats! I also just found out my daughter qualified for national testing. She is a 10 year old. Although she will not find out until tonight at practice. For once I actually know before her..... :) Hopefully will be more comfortable since second year to qualify.

For the timed tests (handstand,sprint,jump,rope) 9 year olds are compared with other 9 year olds across the country, 10 year olds compared with other 10 year olds, and then points are awarded (10 pts to the top 10% in that category, etc). 10 year olds can on average jump higher and run faster than 9 year olds, so usually a faster time is required to get in the same percentile.

Our DD made it and it couldn't have come at a better time. Our little DD has been really hard on herself after the last test and thought that she wouldn't make it to national testing so this info is really great news!

Hopefully there's a lot of good news for others as well!!!

The owners of our gym are at the Visa Championships so we may not find out for a few more days- PLEASE HELP! If anyone is familiar with the scoring please give me your best guess. The coaches said they think she will have made it, but I am impatient! She is testing as a 9 yr old and desperately wants to go to National testing for a 2nd year- her scores:

splits 12/14
bridge 5
casts 7
v jump 16 1/2
sprint 3.23
rope climb 10.0
presses 10
leg lifts 20
handstand hold 60

I'm in the same both here are my 10yr old scores. I didn't here from my coaches yet, really nervous this is my daughters last year to qualify here goes. Bridge 5
Flex 10/10
Leg Lifts 19
cast HS 5
Presses 6
handstand hold 24secs
rope climb 8.97secs
run 3.19
Vertical jump 22"
Please help me equate these scores to the 10points thanks gymchic2001....Good Luck to all the testers!!!!!

Congratulations, what were your daughters score I also have a 10yr old who tested still waiting to hear from her coaches......I really hope she made it, this would be such a boost for her....

021581ts -

Here is my guesstimate based on our girls results:
splits 13
bridge 5
casts 7
v jump 6.5
sprint 7.5
rope 7.5
presses 10
leg lifts 10
handstand 10
total 76.5

021581TS, I got between 74 to 76.

Ggmchic2001, you are missing your DD's score on the bridge. Assuming she got a perfect score on her bridge (5), the total score I got is 66. Gymchic2001, I could be completely off. Just for clarity, below is the breakdown

Bridge 5
Splits 10 (out of 15)
Leglifts 10
Cast to hs 5
Presses 6
Handstand 5
Rope 8
Run 8
Jump 9

@wandrewsjr, you sound like you know what you're doing :) would you mind guesstimating for me, please?

DD is 8, testing as an 8 year old:

Splits: 14/15
Bridge:5
LL: 10
Presses: 5
HS: 23.25
Rope: 8.34
Jump: 16
Casts: 9
Run: 3.57

I'm guesstimating her to be somewhere right on the cusp of 70, either barely missing it or barely making it; what do you think?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back