Off Topic Tornados

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JUst hoping that all of our members from the south are fine. We had the tail end of those storms and it was wild, I cannot imagine living through those storms. Sadly some folk didn't. Climate change is brutal.

Thank you for the concern, bog! I live in TN & thankfully didn't incur any damage, however we had 6 inches of rain in 3 days with 1-2 more inches expected this weekend. I live minutes from the Mississippi River which is well above flood stage. Many roads are being closed as a result of the flooding, this is the worst flood in 1000 years for my city. I'm so thankful I just have to deal with flooding!

Thanks for the concern! Although I am not part of the south the same system ripped through MO ruining many houses and damaging one of our "sister" gyms. My neighborhood was fine but sadly some of my good friends were not. The Mississippi has flooded and we got 10-15 inches of rain in one weekend. Im with sportsfanatic only on the other side ofthe mississippi, I live very closeto the river. A neighborhood 5 minutes from mine was flattened and our airport took bit of a hit with part of it still damaged! I hope thosein the south are ok and I pray for those families who have lost members in the storm. No one in MO was injured or killed as we took cover immediatley and had great covereage and warning from the storm. I hope everyone else is ok!

Clinton, Ms

I live in CLinton, MS. April 15 a tornado came through town. There was footage all over the national news of it on 1-20. It tore up several businesses including a bank, Popeyes, and hundreds of houses. My girls were at school and my husband and I work in Jackson the capital. I am a teacher. We were in the hallways without power with 400 kids for over 2 hours. I was hearing reports about how it hit our town, but unable to find out any details. Thankfully, not a person was injured. No schools or daycares were hit. Our house is fine. We were one of the lucky ones.
This week more storms came through. Scary for all of us as we saw what could be done. We had a tree fall in the backyard, but nothing else. I am really worried about the areas that were hit so hard. My cousin lives in AL. Phone lines are down, no electricity etc. Cell phone is sketchy. I hear they are okay, but uncomfortable. She gave birth to twins in March plus has 3 other kids. It has been a very scrary and heart clinching month. I heard that more storms are moving in on Sunday.
Flooding-we between Vicksburg and Jackson. We are no where near the MS River, but are seeing the coverage of it and the evacuations as we are near Vicksburg. The govenor has basically said that resources are being used for the tornadoes so nothing will be available for flooding victems. A co-worker has her vacation house being flooded. So scary and hard.

Emandelsmom I am so glad you and your family are safe, that must've been a terrible experience and looking after a school full of terrified children when your own family are unnaccounted for is a huge task.

The pictures of the devastation are mind blowing, I have never seen anything like that, in fact it looks like the areas In Japan where the tsunami went through. The loss of life is horrific and it will take a long time for towns to rebuild and heal/

Hopefully there will not be another storm like that for some years.

Thank you! Yes, that was one of the hardest things ever. My husband was able to take a longer lunch break and drive back to our town which is normally a 10 minute drive. That day it took over 2 hours. He checked the kids out from school and checked on the house and kept me updated via cell phone. It has been a very hard month.
The miracle of the day is that it went right through the neighborhood where a daycare center and the fourth and fifth grade school is located. It tore up the houses around these places-meaning literally all the houses between the 2 places. It never hit the school or daycare. It was a blessing. The 2 places are a block apart.

That story sent shivers through me, the fact that those two places were missed so closely is amazing. Stay safe and do remember that many people here care very much about those families dealing with the aftermath.

We live about 20 miles from Phil Campbell and Hackelburg, AL. It is unbelievable how bad the damage is in those areas. It is so sad. We do have a lot of volunteers coming into help from our area, as well as, many other states. Thanks so much for the concern for these people. I have linked a video of the damage. Please pray for these families. So far, this area has lost 28 people. You can help out by donating to the Red Cross or starting a drive for non-perishable items to send to Alabama. Thanks so much.
YouTube - Let Faith Arise:Hackleburg & Phil Campbell Tornado by Shari Gilbert.m4v

We are about 10 or 15 miles from Lambert Airport (St Louis). It was definatley a crazy night. Luckily no one was seriously injured at the airport.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back