Off Topic Track & Field Forum? (Or Other Sports)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So I have a daughter in track & field now. Anyone interested in a track forum? Like ChalkBucket except for track?
There definitely used to be one...well maybe it was only for pole vault. I haven't been involved in over 10 years though, so I don't even know if it still exists and I can't remember what it was called.

So I have a daughter in track & field now. Anyone interested in a track forum? Like ChalkBucket except for track?
I would be, for sure. I have a son who's been bitten by the track bug, and I'd like to have DD try it out as well next year. I could use some track education!

Reactions: JBS
You can make one for all sports. All of us Chalkbucketers who have taken advice and put our kids in other sports

I've really thought about that... but forums really only fly if they are very specific / niche. Also... as a forum grows the search engines drive them. The key term that people search for always has something to do with "gymnastics" or the "sport"... not the term "parents of athletes" or something like that.

There definitely used to be one...well maybe it was only for pole vault. I haven't been involved in over 10 years though, so I don't even know if it still exists and I can't remember what it was called.

There are many forums for track... but not like ChalkBucket. Probably Pole Vault Power.

I would be interested. I have a former gymnast competing D1 Track and Field next year, and a current gymnast that may try high school track next season.

My track and field athlete (and former gymnast) just graduated from HS and has enlisted in the Marines. But I WOULD have loved to have a forum like chalkbucket for that because I definitely needed help and input esp. early on and was reduced to haunting reddit in the middle of the night looking for answers about things like training hours, injuries, coaching approaches etc. Maybe cross country and track and field? Many athletes do both.

Definitely interested (or interested in pointers to forums that already exists). My dd switched to xcel this past season which has allowed time for track which she loves. Plus her siblings do track.

I would love a track and field forum. I actually tried looking for one a couple weeks ago but couldn't find a good one. I just finished competing in my high school state tournament, I placed 9th in triple jump and 4th in 100m hurdles.

I was thinking of this as an alternative to the level forums for parents of retired gymmies, not an alternative to your public track forum, which is a great idea.

That's an interesting thought... a "retired gymmies" forum? For great members of ChalkBucket who's kids have moved on to other sports?

I would be interested. My track daughter is still competing Diamond right now, but wants to run track in college. I think after this year (freshman) she will have to evaluate gymnastics with her other desires. However we make it work for as long as possible.

I would be interested. My track daughter is still competing Diamond right now, but wants to run track in college. I think after this year (freshman) she will have to evaluate gymnastics with her other desires. However we make it work for as long as possible.
I am also a diamond gymnast who does track. (And also wrestles). I'm a sophmore. My mom is also trying to get me to be done with gymnastics so I can focus on school sports (that I'd be more likely to do in college if wanted), but I've managed to keep up with both. I definitely understand wanting to do both. It is hard though to keep up though.

Yes, please. One DD does HS track events. The pole vault state meet qualifiers are almost all gymnasts/former gymnasts

Ok… so instead of a track & field forum… I am working on a forum for youth sports in general.

A forum that will eventually have a section for each sport (if there is enough interest in it).

There are forums for every sport… but none really dedicated to youth sports… so that’s the idea.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back