Coaches Trainer

• Thread starter Deleted member 27150
  • Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

Deleted member 27150

Alright so I posted another post in the parents about me being unsure of this but i have decided that since my daughter told me she is willing to go through the pain and challenges of the sport and the stretching methods as well as conditioning methods do not injure her i am fine with it. problem is though that the trainer who was great at this moved i am looking for a trainer to come to a rented studio with me and my daughter to stretch and condition her intensely on saturdays. you would have to be willing to push her past her limits but not injure her. she needs help with ab strength and flexibility i can show videos of what i wannt done. show no mercy as she has agreed too this and wants to go all the way in this career. i will 150 dollars per 2 hour session. if i get a response i will show vi.deos

Have you talked to your daughter's coach about this? I know that at our gym, we do not have our athletes doing private sessions with an outside coach, unless it is a physical therapist for an injury/prevention issue. As a coach, I would not want my athlete working with someone else I do not know. I am always happy to provide lists of conditioning exercises that can be safely done at home if a gymnast is struggling in a particular area and wants to do some extra work, and when an athlete is putting in full effort at practice and there are still gaps, I do believe private lessons can be appropriate. I would just want to do it myself, or perhaps have another coach from our program work with an athlete if they have a particular strength or special knowledge.

And honestly, the wording of your post scares me, especially when it comes to the stretching part. I trained as a contortionist for a few years, so I am no stranger to extreme flexibility work, but I also worked with a certified coach who had an advanced knowledge of human anatomy. There are safe ways to make progress in flexibility, but it requires a skilled instructor to prevent injury.

Adcouncil GIF by She Can STEM

Ma’am what are you saying??? Why are you saying it so… violently??? Is your daughter is rhythmic gymnastics because I can’t think of a single reason why artistic gymnastics would require anything being suggested here, and rhythmic gymnastics has a system for creating that flexibility

She can just stretch a bit more at home and be fine.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back