Parents Training groups by skill or level?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Our gym is strictly by level for compulsories, but optional is different. We have

Homeschool

Levels 6/7/sometimes 8 usually when someone is behind or needs to work on form or might be moving to 8 if they get the skills/ and sometimes platinum-diamond girls who are advanced

Levels 8/9/10 practice together on vault and floor but not bars and beam

Xcel silver/bronze

Xcel gold

Xcel most platinum/diamond

We don't, kids are grouped by how well we (coaches) think they will do in each group and how fast they will learn etc.. Obviously we don't put kids spanning more than 3 levels in a group. But to have a level 8, 9 and 10 in the same group has happened several times over the years and continues. In my opinion it is better to group the kids regarding what will propel them the fastest rather than level. For many kids moving too fast doesn't propel them anywhere.

We don't, kids are grouped by how well we (coaches) think they will do in each group and how fast they will learn etc.. Obviously we don't put kids spanning more than 3 levels in a group. But to have a level 8, 9 and 10 in the same group has happened several times over the years and continues. In my opinion it is better to group the kids regarding what will propel them the fastest rather than level. For many kids moving too fast doesn't propel them anywhere.
This is how my daughter's gym does it as well. It works for them.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back