WAG Training in France?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

fuzi

Coach
Gymnast
Judge
Hello,

I coach a gymnast who is going to be in Beaune, France for three months this fall while one of her parents completes an international internship. She just turned 8 and is on my JO2 team, and will be missing what was supposed to be her fall competitive season. Skill wise, she's actually closer to USAG JO level 3, but just doesn't quite have her RO-BHS by herself, though she has all her JO3 beam and bar skills and is working on her kip.

Anyways, the kid is really sad about being out of the gym for 3 months and was hoping there might be somewhere she could do gymnastics in France. Reaching out to the international ChalkBucket community to see if anyone knows of gyms in or near Beaune (I think it's a small wine town) that might welcome a US kid for a few months either in higher level recreational classes or to train with lower-level team/pre-team/developmental.

I know that there's a gym in Dijon (Alliance 21?). That's a 40-ish minute drive, or 30-minute train ride on the TER (a good option if they won't have a car, but then and again it's france, and the SNCF is routinely on strike)

I don't have any contacts there, but it would certainly be worth giving them a call! I know it does have rec classes, so it's not one of their centralized high-level training facilities.

There's not going to be anything much closer, since as you said, it's rural wine-growing country in Burgundy. Most of the architecture has been standing since the middle ages!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back