Training/Open Gyms

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

hollyvh

Coach
Gymnast
Hi all! I am an Australian who is training WAG 5/6 (Australian levels). In January my family and I are travelling to Europe. I am hoping to be able to not lose all my skills and strength, as when I get back there are only a few months until I will compete. Does anyone know of any gyms in London I could train in for a day or two or that have an open gym between the dates of 1st January to the 6th. Any suggestions would also be helpful. Thank you!

I'm not from the UK, but I don't think open gyms are a thing in Europe, maybe the UK is different.

You can always ask your coach for a strength list, which you could do at home/in the appartement or where ever you are staying.

And don't forget to have fun! Missing gym for 1 week isn't going to have such a big impact as you seem to think. Our gym was closed for 6 weeks, and most kids came back with all their skills, just by maintaining strength

Open gym does not exist in the UK. That would not be an insurable situation. Or at least that was the case last time I looked (I haven't lived there for a few years.)

If you're desperate to get some training in you contact gyms that will be practically accessible to you and ask if can train as a guest. Mostly they'd let people do a try out session without being a paid up BG member so they must be able to be a little flexible.

Another option would be to look for university gymnastics clubs that allow public membership. They are likely insured through a deal struck by their their athletics union and not BG. They may not allow you if you're under 17 though and might not have the greatest facilities.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back