Parents Trampolenes!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Monkeygirlsmom

Proud Parent
What do you think about these in your yards?

I really want to get one for our kids! we also have a pool in the yard and still have tons of room!! I go back and forth with wanting one or not!! my kids really listen to the safety of htis so Im not concerned about my kids but when we have others here is what Im woried about!!

If you get one, be sure you supervise the kids whenever they are on the trampoline. Make sure that there are not a bunch of kids on there all at the same time. My DD recently had a bad experience and close call on our neighbors' trampoline. She was on the tramp with several other children who were wrestling when one of the kids fell hard on her leg. She limped for two days, had to skip her first Level 4 practice, and we were concerned it might be a stress fracture. Thankfully, she is fine now and it turned out only to be a muscle bruise that healed quickly, but it could have been much worse. Just think about a summer spent in a cast. :(

I think if you are careful, a tramp can be a lot of fun, but you need to make sure it doesn't turn into the neighborhood attraction the way my neighbors' has. I know others who have them and have managed them well so they can be fun and safe if used properly. :)

Meg

I have one. THe kids love it, but you have to set ground rules and keep a close eye on everyone following them. I haven't had any injurys and we have had one for about 3 yrs. One thing to keep in mind is your house insurance. Some companies will cancel you if they find out you have one. So you may want to check with them before purchasing one.

I think they're alright as long as you set ground rules and pay close attention to the kids while they're using the trampoline. I discourage kids teaching themselves flips on the trampoline at home because of the safety factor, but trampolines are excellent ways to keep active and even practice some skills, such as backhandsprings, that they do in the gym.

Funny this topic came up. We had 2 girls from our compulsory teams hurt within 4 days of each other on backyard tramps. One was doing a back tuck and someone else "double bounced" her and she got her foot caught under one of the springs and fell backward off the tramp hitting her head. This tramp did have a safety net. She ended up with a sprained wrist, staples in her head, mild concussion and broken big toe. She had just moved up to L6 and missed 2.5 weeks of practice and is still in a boot. The other girl somehow lost her balance and hit her head on one of the poles that hold up the safety net and also ended up with staples in the head and a slight concussion.

We have one in our yard and the rule for my daughter is, she cannot have more than 1 other kid on it at a time, one parent must be out there and she can't try new tricks on the tramp. The reason we got one was we had found she was finding who had one in the neighborhood and hanging out on those and we didn't know what she was doing or if there was any supervision.

We have a tramp, and we have had one for 6 years injury free. Rules are:-

1 kid on at a time, no exceptions

2. No hanging off the tramp outside of net.

3. No going under tramp.

4. No skills that you haven't done in the gym alone

5. No bouncing without a parent present

6. Break one rule and your off gor the day.

We have a tramp, and we have had one for 6 years injury free. Rules are:-

1 kid on at a time, no exceptions

2. No hanging off the tramp outside of net.

3. No going under tramp.

4. No skills that you haven't done in the gym alone

5. No bouncing without a parent present

6. Break one rule and your off gor the day.

great rules bogwoppit!

Rules would def be in place!! we have a pool and they know i 1 rule gets broken the pool comes down!! and not back up till the next year!! the same would be witha tramp if we got one!! I really think it would be good for the girls!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back