Trampoline best practice guidance

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Learning Parent GB

Proud Parent
I went to watch one of DSs friends at the local leisure centre trampoline club tonight. I went and watched from the viewing area at various points to see if I was getting a fair reflection of the 2 sessions. And now I am being a bit of an outside moaner.

The trampoline coach was at one end of the trampoline. There were floor mats around all the sides, but there were no other spotters or crash pads. On the other end of the trampoline there were several other kids who would either run off to the chairs at the side, or dangle on the end of the trampoline swinging their legs. I only watched 3 children get off the trampoline at the end of their turn, but it was a sitting forward face dive onto the mat on the floor each time. (I suppose that shows it was a big thick mat on the floor at the ends!)

Anyway, based on the guidance we've been told when we have trampoline training at my DDs gymnastics (very rare) I think they could maybe do with reading through some trampoline safety best practice. So I have been trying to search the BG website and can only find a couple of pages on getting the trampoline out. I have found reference to the BG trampoline code of practice from a different gym club, but I would love to find it on the BG website. Then if it is publicly available I could refer to it in my comments form to the leisure centre. There is a gymnastics club at that leisure centre, but it doesn't come up on the BG 'find a club' section so I wonder if they are not affiliated. Anyway, I thought it would be a good source to refer them to.

I know this is none of my business, but I feel like a feedback form can't do any harm and it made me really nervous watching when the bigger kids got on and were bouncing higher. (No somersaults that I saw, just turns).

So, there seem to be a few of you who find their way around the BG website better than me, so please can you help? Thanks.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back