Coaches Trampoline Injuries

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I broke my arm overrotating on a frontflip on the tramp at gymnastics class. I was wondering how i could prevent something like that from happening again, and how to fall on the trampoline saftely? I dont think i will be able to do front flips on it untill i know how to stop this from happening again.
Thanks!

First of all... you should know how to do all of the following very well...
  • Seat drop
  • Back drop
  • Table / doggie drop
  • Stomach drop
I'll look for a video on front tuck progressions.

First of all... you should know how to do all of the following very well...
  • Seat drop
  • Back drop
  • Table / doggie drop
  • Stomach drop
I'll look for a video on front tuck progressions.
Whats a table/doggie drop? Thank you :)

Dropping to your hands and knees, with your back horizontal to the trampoline, like a table.

That is what i tried to do, and i broke my arm. I dont know if that is a safe way

If you were crashing out of a front tuck… putting your arms down would be the most incorrect thing you could do.

That has nothing to do with being good at trampoline basics.

Trampoline basics give you the air sense to help you have that not happen again.

Last edited:
If you were crashing out of a front tuck… putting your arms down would be the most incorrect thing you could do.

That has nothing to do with be good at trampoline basics.

Trampoline basics give you the air sense to help you have that not happen again.
So then what should i do to avoid broken bones? I am in a rec class, and they did not teach us how to fall correctly.

Why are you doing front tucks during rec and what level rec?
Recreational gymnastics can be just as advanced as any team class. We have plenty of rec kids doing front tucks, standing fulls, multi twists etc.

In fact we have found that many rec kids progress faster than team kids, because we can do up training 52 weeks a year, and don’t need to stop and learn routines.

Last edited:
Recreational gymnastics can be just as advanced as any team class. We have plenty of red kids doing front tucks, standing fulls, multi twists etc.

In fact we have found that many rec kids progress faster than team kids, because we can do up training 52 weeks a year, and don’t need to stop and learn routines.
True thats also why I asked what level in rec she is

Every gym will have its own recreational programs, based on their own systems. Things like the names of the programs, standards of the skills etc will vary greatly from gym to gym. Comparison is almost impossible.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back