WAG Trampoline spotting rig

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

aerialriver

Coach
Gymnast
I am going to see if we upgrade any equiptment this summer if we might get a trampoline spotting rig. I am researching to bring the idea to the owner. Our trampoline is a square euro tramp style comp. trampoline off the ground. But it is not close to the walls and cannot be, the ceiling is also too high so it cannot connect to either. I would really like to see one that can spot flips and twists and is also out of the way enough when not in use to allow the rec. kids to use the trampoline without it. Any suggestions?

To go on...the pulleys and rope are very important...don't buy cheap.

I use these swivels along with carabiners for trampoline rigs...

Petzl Swivels - Mountain Tools

Also...I use homemade leg straps when using the twisting belt. I have two old pond belts from the 70's that I have rebuilt...

Springboards And More Complete Twisting Belt Repair Kit

Here's my setup...

It's fun!

Here's the real deal...quad bungee...twisting belt with leg straps...on a motorized winch...

Audrey Merritt Gymnastics Tricks 2011 - YouTube

Last edited:
Here's more fun...hand front drill for massive reps.

There are bungees connected to the rig.

Last edited:
I didn't realize how much stuff you had to get. What would you guess to be a rough estimate to get fully equipped? We would probably get the free standing one that goes over the tramp.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using ChalkBucket mobile app

those are very expensive. the last 1 i saw was $8600.00. you can do it for less than $400 WITH a boat wench.

I didn't realize how much stuff you had to get. What would you guess to be a rough estimate to get fully equipped? We would probably get the free standing one that goes over the tramp.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using ChalkBucket mobile app

This one comes complete except for the belts (I just like different ropes and pulleys)...

G-860 Portable Spotting Rig [G-860] - $1,399.00 : Norbert's Athletic Products, Gym Mats, Gymnastics Mats, Cheer Mats, Cheerleading Mats, Martial Arts Mats, Stunt Mats and More

Regular belts are under $100...twisting belts are $600-$900.

You will need a couple sizes of each belt.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back