WAG Transitioning to Middle School with Gymnastics

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

The lack of national curriculum must be an absolute Nightmare, especially for mobile families like yours @MILgymFAM. At least here you can move round the country and pretty much pick up where you left off.

That would have been great for me - we moved a lot when I grew up - I went through 4 high schools, all VERY DIFFERENT curriculum. From the best school systems to the worst school systems.
I had aleady done Englisher literature when I moved to one school, but my grade there was doing english lit. They would NOT let me take a different grade language arts. Then it happened my senior year again. I read MacBeth THREE times!
I took Algebra 2 in one school, and finished, but without the trigonometry (usually they go hand in hand). New school next year didn't believe I knew what I was talking about. Put me in Algebra 2 again. I passed honor with an A in all 4 quarters.
I took world history twice, yet I never got U.S. history...

A national curriculum would have been wonderful for me!

My husband drove my daughter to/from school to pick up extra sleep/homework time. There are only so many hours in the day and our doctor said it is extremely important for gymnasts to get 8 1/2-9 hours of sleep every night. Also teachers who posted homework for the week on Friday night saved us alot

Reactions: sce
That would have been great for me - we moved a lot when I grew up - I went through 4 high schools, all VERY DIFFERENT curriculum. From the best school systems to the worst school systems.
I had aleady done Englisher literature when I moved to one school, but my grade there was doing english lit. They would NOT let me take a different grade language arts. Then it happened my senior year again. I read MacBeth THREE times!
I took Algebra 2 in one school, and finished, but without the trigonometry (usually they go hand in hand). New school next year didn't believe I knew what I was talking about. Put me in Algebra 2 again. I passed honor with an A in all 4 quarters.
I took world history twice, yet I never got U.S. history...

A national curriculum would have been wonderful for me!
Ok, I am sorry, but THAT is ****ing insane.:eek::eek::eek::eek::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ok, I am sorry, but THAT is ****ing insane.:eek::eek::eek::eek::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Oh I know....
I did manage to graduate top 5% of my class, despite all that. Had I never moved, though, good chance I would have bee at THE top. But honestly, the friends I met, and experiences I had, I see as an adult, superceded all of that. I'm definitely more well-rounded than I would have been!!! My bridal party (20 years ago) was from 5 different states, from 5 different times of my life. And I am STILL in constant contact with all of them :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back