WAG Trinity Thomas 2.5 Twist To Double Layout

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

It would be nice if all recruits had the luxury of waiting until their senior year to decide on what scholarship/ program/ school was best for them...I think that's what the new regs are attempting to have happen but when schools continue to verbal 8th graders without penalty, I don't see it happening except for the National Team type kids.

UMMMMM, WHAT?! :eek: o_O

This is ridiculous. This is an incredible tumbling pass, and historically, to my knowledge, there has been no one who has ever competed this pass! I literally spent five minutes studying this video in slow motion.

For all the coaches and physics/technique nerds out there, here's what I've noticed:
  • Her atypical hurdle technique.
  • The wide arm position on the first round-off in order to allow her center of mass to travel further, faster, allowing for a steeper blocking angle on her 2 ½ step-out.
  • The smooth transition into the next round-off, which uses a narrower arm position. This creates more block and facilitates a more aggressive, scooped snap down which flows right into the proceeding back handspring.
  • The aggressive and powerful transition to an incredibly dynamic arched position when contacting the ground for the double layout in order to generate the required angular momentum to complete such a crazy skill.
Again, WOW. :eek: She's been doing the 2 ½ step-out for some time now, but to add a DOUBLE LAYOUT as the concluding skill!!! I'm just at a loss for words!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back