Trouble Kicking Over From Backbend

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

TheDoctor

Gymnast
Hi, I need some help! I'm not actually a gymnast but a competitive cheerleader. I need some help being able to kick over from a backbend. I've been trying but nothing works. I know that I am not locking my arms, but I just can't kick over.

Moving my feet in towards my hands more in my backbend really helped me get that extra kick off the ground. Some people also try rocking in their bridge to help them kick over, although it really comes from time so practice it over and over again until you get it. You got this!

Start doing it with your feet on a step, before trying it on flat floor. Also really stretch your shoulders as that's often why people can't kick over. Hth.

Think about pushing your armpits forward over your hands and start on a block and work down to the floor. Good luck!

I’m sorry if this reply is too late...
First, try elevating your feet on a step or block when you kick over. You could also try rocking back and forth in your bridge to get more momentum, but your coach may want to eventually see it without the rocking. When you attempt to kick over, make sure to press fully through your toes, too. With practice at home and at cheer practice, you should get it.

I’m sorry if this reply is too late...
First, try elevating your feet on a step or block when you kick over. You could also try rocking back and forth in your bridge to get more momentum, but your coach may want to eventually see it without the rocking. When you attempt to kick over, make sure to press fully through your toes, too. With practice at home and at cheer practice, you should get it.
helped me get that extra kick off the ground. Some people also try rocking in their bridge to help them kick over, although it really comes from time so practice it over and over again until you get it.

helped me get that extra kick off the ground xender discord omegle . Some people also try rocking in their bridge to help them kick over, although it really comes from time so practice it over and over again until you get it.
helped me get that extra kick off the ground. Some people also try rocking in their bridge to help them kick over, although it really comes from time so practice it over and over again until you get it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back