trouble with tsukahara

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

maddie93

hey everyone

so my names maddie and im in level 7 working level 8
i've been working tsukes for a while now....just doing round offs and stuff
we have been down to the pits and i've turned it over heaps of times but when we comeback to our gym i just cant do it
i have heaps of height and i really want to do it but as soon as i get to vault i just can't do it

does any one have any ideas of how i can turn it over?
will listen to any and all answers

thanks
xx madz

Can't do it as in you're scared so you don't flip it, or can't do it as in you try to flip it but underrotate?

If it's a technical issue, there are many possibilities, but here are the most common issues:

1) Incorrect entry. Are you getting enough turnover comming into the table? Are you staying tight?

2) Lack of block/early tuck. You should remain tight and extended through your whole body (especially your shoulders) as you block off the table. It should snap through a tight hollow position before the knees bend for the tuck.

If it's a mental issue, then it gets a bit more complicated. Most likely what you need to do is just back off and do some more timers on to stacked mats, tsuks into a pit, tsuks onto mats in a pit, etc until you are completely comfortable and know where you are in the air.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back