WAG Trying to convince DH that team is a good idea - help, please?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

All of these responses are so great. Gymnastics is a wonderful sport and I would not have traded my DD"s journey for anything. Good luck!

Well, I went by the gym yesterday to register DD6 for preteam (since DH doesn't have any issue with preteam). While I was in the office, one of the younger coaches approached me and said that she really hoped that my other daughter would accept the invitation to join team; she would be one of DD8's coaches if she does join (and has been one of the preteam coaches). When I told her that DH had some reservations, the coach had some great responses. She said she'd be happy to talk to DH if he wanted to call her or come in to the gym. He is going to go in on Friday to observe and will hopefully be able to talk to her - she was very sincere and persuasive. Meanwhile, DD6 was thrilled to learn that her Hot Shots coach (who she LOVES) will also be her primary preteam coach. I didn't expect that, and it is a very nice surprise. Crossing my fingers that DH is convinced on Friday. DD8 has already conveyed to him how much she wants to try it, and I think that has softened him up a little already!

Well I hope it goes well today. I am a firm believer in supporting my kids in whatever they decide they want to do. This has led to my kids trying some crazy sports and activities as well as us sending my entire paycheck to the gym each month. But they are thriving! and honestly I wouldn't have it any other way. They are following their dreams and their passions - who am I to hold them back?

I tried to get DD1 involved in other sports despite her request to do gymnastics. Even though she has decent success in soccer and swim (not basketball)Imagine that nothing stuck until gymnastics!

And now she gets to say I told you so! I would let dd pick, between the 2 because it's her sport. I would prob not do both, as it seems too much to anything with team.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back