WAG Tsuk question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

profmom

Proud Parent
This is likely just idle curiosity, because I think DD's gym only very rarely, if ever, teaches Tsuk progressions, but I'm wondering about the following. Is it possible to learn to do a good twisting Tsuk vault if a gymnast rounds off in one direction and twists in the other? DD (who has a quite respectable tucked Tsuk but is struggling with her Yurchenko) thinks not.

If she twists well in whatever direction she uses, and has a correct and complete 1/2 on, she should be able to do just as well as if she'd twisted the other direction. And yes, it is entirely possible to do a correct and complete 1/2 on entry. It even makes the tsuk easier to do.

Twisting Tsuk vs. Kasamatsu...

Twisting Tsuk = Left handed round off with a right twist in the flip or right handed round off with a left twist in the flip

Kasamatsu = Left hand round off with a left twist in the flip or right handed round off with a left twist in the flip

This article explains it...

http://uncletimtalksmensgym.blogspot.com/2012/08/mens-vault-what-h-is-kasamatsu.html

Is it possible to learn to do a good twisting Tsuk vault if a gymnast rounds off in one direction and twists in the other?

Yes.

Hmmm, thanks! DD very much liked the videos. She heard that one of her L7 teammates who is in the group above her is working on a tsuk rather than a yurchenko because "she's not good at yurchenkos," but I expect there's a good deal more going on there than DD knows (teammate is a phenomenal gymnast with a huge vault). So the yurchenko it will almost certainly be for DD, if she can work through her (mental) block on it. Her vault coach told her that the yurchenko is a finesse vault, which is what she needs because she is, as a 60 lb. string bean, no power vaulter.

interesting...my DD who will either be L6/L7, just started doing twisting tsuks into the pit. Her gym seems to teach the tsuk first, then yurchenko, but DD loves the tsuk so much and says she has so much more power, she'd rather do the tsuk.

If she twists well in whatever direction she uses, and has a correct and complete 1/2 on, she should be able to do just as well as if she'd twisted the other direction. And yes, it is entirely possible to do a correct and complete 1/2 on entry. It even makes the tsuk easier to do.

I am looking for a coach - if interested contact me at srytzell@yahoo.com

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back