Coaches Tuck flyaway 1/2

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

okay, not to be rude or anything but why?
If that was directed at me...
That is the way we start all twisting skills.
Part of it is to see if they are left twisters or right twisters (naturally).
Part of it is because we don't have foam pits to let the gymnasts play around with twisting with minimal risks on landing.
All I know is that it works at our gym.

okay, not to be rude or anything but why?
I have a couple Xcel girls that are near platinum requirements. They are missing a B on bars but have everything else. We do work cast handstands and clear hips but they are not getting them as quickly. They have nice high flyaways so I figured one with a half may work for them. I'm just wondering if there are drills for them before I have them wing it. It's not a skill you find drills for easily on you tube. I'm all for a better way or any suggestions....Always learning.

If that was directed at me...
That is the way we start all twisting skills.
Part of it is to see if they are left twisters or right twisters (naturally).
Part of it is because we don't have foam pits to let the gymnasts play around with twisting with minimal risks on landing.
All I know is that it works at our gym.
No not directed to you . Your drill is solid :)

I have a couple Xcel girls that are near platinum requirements. They are missing a B on bars but have everything else. We do work cast handstands and clear hips but they are not getting them as quickly. They have nice high flyaways so I figured one with a half may work for them. I'm just wondering if there are drills for them before I have them wing it. It's not a skill you find drills for easily on you tube. I'm all for a better way or any suggestions....Always learning.
Oh , that makes sense. In my mind all I could think of is , nothing could mess up a swing flyaway tuck more than asking a kid to twist it. In other words if they have a solid flyaway don't screw it up. :). Teach them a lay , then twist it.

Oh , that makes sense. In my mind all I could think of is , nothing could mess up a swing flyaway tuck more than asking a kid to twist it. In other words if they have a solid flyaway don't screw it up. :). Teach them a lay , then twist it.
That was my first thought, teach a layout first. One girl should be good to do this. The other is another story since she broke her toe doing a flyway, dealt with the fear of doing it again and is back to her normal nice flyaway. However, the fear may creep back with the thought of a layout. How should I approach this so she doesn't get another block ?

That was my first thought, teach a layout first. One girl should be good to do this. The other is another story since she broke her toe doing a flyway, dealt with the fear of doing it again and is back to her normal nice flyaway. However, the fear may creep back with the thought of a layout. How should I approach this so she doesn't get another block ?
Just keep spotting it, you will always have one that is a freak on the flyaway....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back