Parents Tumbling class

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Dd1 wants to sign up for tumbling class this summer. I'm kind of surprised as she's the one who was really ready to be done with gymnastics. Of course I said "sure."

It's going to be kind of weird as she'll be in a class with girls working back handsprings while she's working doubles, but I hope it's fun.

Looks like I'm back in the gym, albeit at a much less involved level.

Dd1 wants to sign up for tumbling class this summer. I'm kind of surprised as she's the one who was really ready to be done with gymnastics. Of course I said "sure."

It's going to be kind of weird as she'll be in a class with girls working back handsprings while she's working doubles, but I hope it's fun.

Looks like I'm back in the gym, albeit at a much less involved level.
That's great! This is the dd who stopped a while ago, correct? Not the one who JUST stopped, last week?

I hope they can challenge her enough in her tumbling class, being that she has previously been @ the competitive level. I wish more gyms had some sort of class where ex-competitive gymnasts could still attend, learn new stuff (like optional skills, not just back- handsprings), and be challenged, yet not be on the competitive team. I guess there would not be many in the class, and it would be too expensive for the gym to run...oh well.

How is your dd #2 since stopping the other day? Is she enjoying her time off, or starting to miss it?

Hope all is well, we are thinking of you!

That's great! This is the dd who stopped a while ago, correct? Not the one who JUST stopped, last week?

I hope they can challenge her enough in her tumbling class, being that she has previously been @ the competitive level. I wish more gyms had some sort of class where ex-competitive gymnasts could still attend, learn new stuff (like optional skills, not just back- handsprings), and be challenged, yet not be on the competitive team. I guess there would not be many in the class, and it would be too expensive for the gym to run...oh well.

How is your dd #2 since stopping the other day? Is she enjoying her time off, or starting to miss it?

Hope all is well, we are thinking of you!

Thanks for asking.

Yes, this is the one that finished in April. She and another ex-competative gymnast will be signing up together. I'm kind of surprised because tumbling was never dd1's strong suit, and because our high school's cheer and dance teams are ground-bound. It's not like they can use the skills anywhere else.

Dd2 seems fine so far. We had a team buddy spend the night on Wednesday (Buddy also left gymnastics this year, but left due to the pain from Osgood Schlatter's). They both seem to enjoy sleeping in a great deal. Dd2'll be off to confirmation camp next week. I suspect it'll be after camp when she gets a case of "I'm bored and have no outlet for my incredible energy." For now, though, I'm still keeping my mouth shut and waiting to see if she brings up the return.

Thanks for asking.

Yes, this is the one that finished in April. She and another ex-competative gymnast will be signing up together. I'm kind of surprised because tumbling was never dd1's strong suit, and because our high school's cheer and dance teams are ground-bound. It's not like they can use the skills anywhere else.

Dd2 seems fine so far. We had a team buddy spend the night on Wednesday (Buddy also left gymnastics this year, but left due to the pain from Osgood Schlatter's). They both seem to enjoy sleeping in a great deal. Dd2'll be off to confirmation camp next week. I suspect it'll be after camp when she gets a case of "I'm bored and have no outlet for my incredible energy." For now, though, I'm still keeping my mouth shut and waiting to see if she brings up the return.
Good for dd1! She just wants to tumble for the joy of it, I suppose. And why not? It must be fun to fly thru the air & defy gravity like they do, I sure wish I could! Now she can enjoy it without feeling like it's 'not her strong suit'. That's great.

My dd2 will be going off to camp soon too, so we will not know until mid-late July if she is truly 'done' w/ gym & going to quit, or not. Time away from the gym should really be enforced in all gyms-kind of like sabbatical for Pastors/Ministers. That way, everyone can have a breather, without that nagging fear of 'getting behind' their teammates. Oh well, I have so many ideas for a perfect world...! Ha-ha!

Hang in there, dd2 will speak up in time about how she feels, probably sooner than you think!

Take Care.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back