WAG Tumbling

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

To start off, none of these things aren't really for me, but I was wondering anyways.
  1. Is a gymnast allowed to not to a round off? So they would just do standing backhandspring x2 (or other numbers), then back tuck/layout/etc.? I understand it would be more challenging, but is it technically allowed?
2. Then, less random, but what passes can a gymnast do if they dont do back handsprings, front and back? Specifically for gold/platinum/6. Am I mistaken if I say level 6 needs a handspring?

Thanks!

To start off, none of these things aren't really for me, but I was wondering anyways.
  1. Is a gymnast allowed to not to a round off? So they would just do standing backhandspring x2 (or other numbers), then back tuck/layout/etc.? I understand it would be more challenging, but is it technically allowed?
2. Then, less random, but what passes can a gymnast do if they dont do back handsprings, front and back? Specifically for gold/platinum/6. Am I mistaken if I say level 6 needs a handspring?

Thanks!
1. In Optional levels and Xcel, there is no requirement to do a roundoff.
2. In Optional levels and Xcel, there is actually no requirement to do a handspring.

We have Xcel Golds that do RO-BT and FT. For Platinum, they are switching the FT to a Pike.
In L6, they need a pass with 3 skills and a second pass of 1 or more skills including a salto or aerial. We have one training FT-RO-BT (she will also be competing High School and that has L8 rules) and a FP.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back