WAG Turning Shoes

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Sylvia

Coach
Gymnast
For those that use turning shoes/toe shoes on floor, what have you found to be the best brand/style? Approx how long does each shoe last?

I use shoes for beam and vault because I have extremely sweaty feet but not floor(mine have rubber bottoms) but my shoes last me around 4-6 months and then they either get a whole in them or the rubber bottom rips out. I use the brand decathlon for my shoes and they seem to have a great selection of all different types of shoes so I would have a look there. (I believe it’s a Canadian brand but it may ship to other places not sure)

I’m from Australia so not sure if the same brands are available. Bloch or Capezio are what our girls wear. They get them from Bloch dance store. Your local dance store might be your best bet so you can try them on for size. It’s not the bottom that wears out but toes making holes in the top, depends on how knobbly your toes are and if you drag your toes on your leaps.

Attachments

• 024C6F72-BD00-4EEC-8051-8A9B184A4FCF.png
    024C6F72-BD00-4EEC-8051-8A9B184A4FCF.png
    308.6 KB · Views: 34
I’m from Australia so not sure if the same brands are available. Bloch or Capezio are what our girls wear. They get them from Bloch dance store. Your local dance store might be your best bet so you can try them on for size. It’s not the bottom that wears out but toes making holes in the top, depends on how knobbly your toes are and if you drag your toes on your leaps.
Thank you! That’s the exact kind I currently use but I find they get “sticky” pretty quickly and then don’t spin well anymore, so was looking for an alternative.

Our gym requires gym shoes. I don‘t know the brand but we order multiple (about 3 on average) pairs per year. They do take a beating.

When I went to school years ago, my toes made holes in my shoes. I thought it was because of my foot growth and actively playing mini-football :) I'm not sure if a cool brand helps with that, but I had enough shoes for about 4-6 months, as @Gymnast28 said

Hi all! Let me join your forum. I'm not a gymnast, but I do work out at home with my body. And I like watching competitive gymnastics and other sports.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back