Tusk

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

T

Tusk

I'm a (very) longtime college gymnastics fan, writer, and website editor. I and my colleagues have a special interest in college gymnastics recruiting and have attended many elite and Junior Olympic competitions pursuing and reporting on that interest. It's my belief that college team gymnastics is the very best version of gymnastics as a spectator sport and I have made it one of my goals to promote interest in it.

Hey, that`s great!!! I`m a big gym fan too and have a website and am currently learning more about webdesign with the hope of creating some more websites and give the existing one a new design. I`m also taking photos at meets. :)

The only difference is, that I actually concentrate on the elite gymnastics. One reason for this also is, that college gymnastics is not that popular outside of the USA.
But when I watch US coverage from NCAA the excitement definately comes over, and I understand your reasoning really well. And the gymnasts seem to have a ton of fun out there!

Thanks, guys!

I'll return the favor, Coach Rick, as soon as I slow down long enough to update my outside links page. Thanks very much for your interest in our site. We're going to do a Top-5 of the Level 10s, as well, so stay tuned. One of my contributors, Arabesque, is handling the Top 5 lists and tells me that the JO list will have some real surprises! I see that you are from Calgary, that is a place I have wanted to visit since the first time I saw the Circlevision 360 film, O, Canada!, at Walt Disney World. Unfortunately, Orlando is much, much closer to me than Alberta!

And, MartinaE, wow! what beautiful pictures! You must know someone with some really big cameras. My gymnastics photographer buddy was very impressed. I am ashamed to say that I am not very familiar with gymnasts from outside the U.S. and Canada, beyond the really well-known ones, of course. It's hard enough to keep up with the gymnasts that are most likely to want to compete for an American college! A few gymnasts from Europe come to the U.S. to compete in college, but not nearly enough. Believe it or not, almost all college teams put a huge emphasis on the 'student' part of NCAA 'student/athlete' - and it's been my experience that gymnasts from Europe are outstanding students, almost without exception.

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our photos! :) I`m very happy to hear, that you like them - and this is all the reward we need to keep our site going. :)
I`m actually taking photos myself - and grouping together with some friends who do the same. Each of us is travelling to competitions which makes us able to cover more meets. :)
If you need some help with gymnasts from Europe I will be happy to help when I can!
I know quite some Canadian gymnasts are going over to the US for college. I really want to try to follow Gael Mackie`s college career - just to name an example.
From Germany of course I know Daria Bijak is competing for Utah, and also Grit Hofmann used to compete NCAA. :)
It`s awesome to hear, that those coming from other countries are such outstanding students also. :)

For our photo taking, you sure need some equipment, but I never regretted even one cent I spent on it. :)

If your users might be interested in our photos I`ll be happy to get a link on your site as well once you get to update. ;)

It's cool to see another collegiate gymnastics fan out there. I think College Gym is a very underappreciated sport and I hope more people come to get involved with it. It's good to see others so interested. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back