Parents Twins behavior (or misbehavior!) together

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My favorite part was that they actually thought we would buy the idea that someone new joined the forum who just happened to live right down the street from them and didn't know them, but knew enough about their family to recognize and immediately verify their identity. It was fun watching everyone poke holes in their story, so thanks! I needed a good laugh today.

It means both screen names were made in the same house, essentially. The girl with the pretend prodigy sister was being found out, so she created an alter ego, the twin mom, to "coincidentally" run into her on the forum and verify her story. It happens a lot with internet trolls, and on the forums I moderated back in the day, the software automatically alerted us when someone made a second username.

Curious, why is that bad/bannable? It must be a sign of something uncool, but I don’t understand what and why it would get someone banned.
I think profmom pointed out that trolls try to get people responding and stirred up and there is the potential for exchanging PMs and contact information, and there could be the potential for criminal behavior. This person so far was just spreading ridiculous false information. She seemed knowledgeable on the one hand, but then she would say her "10 year old" sister was doing preposterous skills and would play coy.

I have been glued to my laptop over quarantine for work etc more than ever, and I remembered flopsy saying that she was "studying abroad in the UK" over the summer. Lots of holes and contradictions. I'm glad some of the really knowledgeable people started weighing in-

Curious, why is that bad/bannable? It must be a sign of something uncool, but I don’t understand what and why it would get someone banned.

The issue is less the duplicate IP's but more that the duplicate IP's helps us work out if there are duplicate accounts made by a single person. That is against our rules.

We have had enormous issues in the past with this type of behaviour, so I think we are much more careful when a red flag is raised. Some very smart members spotted the signs quickly, and that really helped us to see where we needed to start digging.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back