Two gym clubs.. What do I do? I'm so confused..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gym A:
- Learnt everything there.
- Strict.
- Ended up coaching myself most of the time there.
- Get bored alot.
- No competitions anymore.
- Table vault/full sized bars.
- Got into a lot of trouble and not exactly liked there by many.
= 4 hrs a week for £44 a month.

Gym B:
- Got accepted there.
- Fun.
- Loose on rules.
- Learn at own pace with coaches helping when you want them.
- Box vault and short bars.
- New gym new coaches new friends, fresh start.
= 3 hrs a week for £52 a month.

Both have sprung floors. Gym A is a much bigger gym. But gym B I'm gonna learn more and it's more fun.. So what do I do? I could get a job and do both or I have to make a decision.. I don't know what to do. =[ Help please. Any advice possible, or your opinions.

x

It sounds like you're going to have to make your choice based on what your gymnastics goals are. Think about what you want from your gymnastics and then take a long hard look at both gyms and decide which one is going to get you there.

I would give gym B a chance. It may be a little more money but if you will learn more and get a chance to start over it may be worth it.

The stress of people not liking you and sometimes talking behind your back isnt fun either! hy not go for a change.

Good Luck

Sounds like you already know the answer...

From your descriptions alone it really looks like you want to go and do your gymnastics at Gym B. Look at your own words on your post and it looks clear that Gym B is your cup of tea! A few extra pounds to have a more rewarding experience would sure appear to be the easy choice. Anyway, good luck and have fun with wichever you do!:D

I spoke to people at gym A last night and they were saying how gym B is really bad. How they don't really coach properly or teach you much. =/

My coach said my other option is gym C, it's in a diff county so I could train with A and C and compete for C.

I spoke to people at gym A last night and they were saying how gym B is really bad. How they don't really coach properly or teach you much. =/

My coach said my other option is gym C, it's in a diff county so I could train with A and C and compete for C.

From what you wrote Gym B sounds better- if more expensive. If you've tried both out (and your mum and dad are ok about it) pick the one you enjoy the most. Also, what people at A said could just be rivalry mixed in with a bit of jealousy- it wouldn't be the first time.

I am all for a fresh start - sometimes it is very difficult to alter people's perceptions once they have been formed and by your description of your relationships with the coaches from your old gym, it sounds as if there have been some disagreements over time.

I read your post in the Introductions section, too - what is Gym C like and how far is it away from where you live?

Gym A is furthest, gym B and C are about the same distance.

To make things more awkward I'm back to this problem:

SSOG:
- More faciltiies
- 1hr a week more training
- £11 a week
- Not allowed to compete through them anymore
- Not really enjoying it
- Not learning anything
- Stuck in open gym and rec classes

COPGC:
- Less facilities
- 1hr a week less training
- £14 a week
- Allowed to compete through them
- Enjoying it lots
- Re-learning the stuff I did in the SSOG squads

My dad won't pay more than £44 a month for gymnastics.. So if I transfer to COPGC I'll have to put £12 a month towards it.

But COPGC said they'd put me through more courses and up me to a good coaching level, and then I'll be able to work for them and I'd be earning from that.

If SSOG stops being so bitter then I'd be able to pay £5 and do a teen tumbling session there to give me access to the air track and better facilities.

SSOG won't let me help out anymore, or work there anymore, or compete for them, or go on a squad anymore. I peed off too many coaches.

COPGC gives me new chances and new beginnings. & when I'm there, for the first time in a long time I actually feel confident enough to train in leotard and shorts which I can never do at SSOG..

I've gotta decide by the end of next week what I wanna do..

So what do I do?

Gym A is furthest, gym B and C are about the same distance.

To make things more awkward I'm back to this problem:

SSOG:
- More faciltiies
- 1hr a week more training
- £11 a week
- Not allowed to compete through them anymore
- Not really enjoying it
- Not learning anything
- Stuck in open gym and rec classes

COPGC:
- Less facilities
- 1hr a week less training
- £14 a week
- Allowed to compete through them
- Enjoying it lots
- Re-learning the stuff I did in the SSOG squads

My dad won't pay more than £44 a month for gymnastics.. So if I transfer to COPGC I'll have to put £12 a month towards it.

But COPGC said they'd put me through more courses and up me to a good coaching level, and then I'll be able to work for them and I'd be earning from that.

If SSOG stops being so bitter then I'd be able to pay £5 and do a teen tumbling session there to give me access to the air track and better facilities.

SSOG won't let me help out anymore, or work there anymore, or compete for them, or go on a squad anymore. I peed off too many coaches.

COPGC gives me new chances and new beginnings. & when I'm there, for the first time in a long time I actually feel confident enough to train in leotard and shorts which I can never do at SSOG..

I've gotta decide by the end of next week what I wanna do..

So what do I do?

Sounds like you already know which one is the better choice. It seems clear to me that you have mentally already left SSOG and are excited about the possibilities at COPGC. I say go for it.

It's all done now.

Dad's cancelled the direct debit for current gym and I finish there on July 1st. Officially begin at new gym on the 2nd July, even though I'm already there.

Hopefully SSOG will stop being bitter and then I can do a few tumbling sessions there, or teen and adult 'cause they have an air track and COPGC doesn't.

Thanks for your help everyone xx

Isn't that better, life is so much easier when choices are made.:)

I assume that you are in the North West of England , it is tough when you have few choices and the clubs tend to be small. I am from the North of Manchester, we always had very limited choices.

Hope you enjoy the new club. Maybe you could help them fundraise for a real vault, they really do not use them in North America anymore, but I know in the UK they still use them a lot.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back