NCAA UCLA Moving to Big10 Conference

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gym_dad32608

Proud Parent
Not sure how much it impacts things, like Oklahoma moving to the SEC, but it will be somewhat interesting to see how it might affect both programs moving forward.

Have to think travel is going to be more complicated and longer. Yay football.
Ha, when I first saw this announcement, football immediately came to mind. College football is my favorite sport and I'm a Big 10 alumnus, so I am wondering how UCLA and USC will fare against the other Big 10 teams.

Ya, that UCLA-to-Rutgers trip is going to be epic. Football-wise, I still think its Ohio State's conference but it will be nice to see a little more challenge to them coming from USC. UCLA has been pretty irrelevant in football for a long time.

I'm excited about it! I had a hard time accessing Pac12 meets last season. BTN does a good job broadcasting meets so I look forward to seeing more UCLA gymnastics (and any other Pac12 team that also joins Big10!).

Ha, when I first saw this announcement, football immediately came to mind. College football is my favorite sport and I'm a Big 10 alumnus, so I am wondering how UCLA and USC will fare against the other Big 10 teams.
USC will do well in a year or two. UCLA will get smashed by any decent team.

USC will put up some competition, but it's OSU's world and the rest of the big10 is living in it. USC will slot around Wisconsin and Michigan level. Still, everyone will be looking up at the SEC. Not sure that will ever change no matter how many teams the B10 tries to bring.

USC will put up some competition, but it's OSU's world and the rest of the big10 is living in it. USC will slot around Wisconsin and Michigan level. Still, everyone will be looking up at the SEC. Not sure that will ever change no matter how many teams the B10 tries to bring.
USC is a sleeping giant. The only question is how well Lincoln Riley‘s big12 offense is going to translate to November in Michigan.

USC is a sleeping giant. The only question is how well Lincoln Riley‘s big12 offense is going to translate to November in Michigan.
Ya, we have seen that already at Oklahoma, certainly can be a competitive and entertaining offense. But until he finds some defensive philosophy, he will always be an also-ran. He will do just fine at Michigan. Now when he goes to the Shoe, it could get ugly. Much like many of his CFP games.

Ya, we have seen that already at Oklahoma, certainly can be a competitive and entertaining offense. But until he finds some defensive philosophy, he will always be an also-ran. He will do just fine at Michigan. Now when he goes to the Shoe, it could get ugly. Much like many of his CFP games.
He already beat one of the historically great Ohio teams AT Ohio in his first year as Oklahoma HC. He’s going to be great at USC and he’s proven a lot more than Ryan Day so far.

I remember when the Big 10 actually had 10 teams, then Penn State was added. Man, I feel old now! All of the major conferences have changed so much since then.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back