Uh I don't know what to do.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I was kind of forced to quit because of the gym that I went to. The gym I went to was all about the girls that had a chance at college scholarship and I did until I hurt my knee and was out for a year. I really feel like I never had a chance to get to my full potential. Im 19 years old now and I really really really want to go back but Im having heart surgery in november...again. I'm in college and trying to make it on my own with no help from my parents but there is just something that is completely missing in my life and that is gymnastics. Gymnastics has always been such a big part of my life, well since I started when I was 11. I was 15 and training level 9 after my level 5 season..sounds crazy and untrue but believe it or not I had all my level 7 skills as a level 5 and right after my level 5 season I changed gyms to where I would have a better chance of getting where I wanted to go and then I got hurt which completely broke my heart. I was never supposed to walk again much less do gymnastics but I did and I competed level 7 after being out for 13 months and I did well but I was so ready to do better and go farther and get a scholarship etc, but I just never got the attention from the coaches that I needed in order to succeed. I always thought I would have been a good gymnast and I never got to prove it to myself. I really want to start doing gymnastics again but I don't know what to do.

Does the school you're at have an intramural gymnastics team? Or, if you get very little financial support, what about offering time worked at a club for time working out? Or you can even see if there is a gymnastics PE class you can take, a lot of universities offer those as well. Good luck, hope it all works out for you!!!

I feel you. I also had "my chance" as a kid until my Mom made me quit because she was too lazy to drive me the 10 minutes to and from the gym :mad: I am now 26 almost 27 and I found a gym that offered 1 adult class, it was for trampoline, power tumbling and double mini trampoline. I was put off at first as I wanted to do bars and beam and all that but now I have found it to be very rewarding and I actually got on the team and will be competing again! There are options out there, keep an eye out for them and don't give up! Just don't limit yourself. And do not dwell in the past, you can't change the fact that you are now an adult and that you did not get a scholarship. You can only move forward! Good luck!

Aerialriver

If your college has a gymnastics club they probably compete NAIGC. You can also compete in NAIGC if it doesn't have a club.

Your Page Title

They compete L9 rules basically but not everybody has routines that are equal to that.

They even have a National Championships in Spring and it looks pretty fun while being cost friendly. Lots of clubs on the East coast from what I hear.

See about swapping time as a coach at a nearby gym if your school doesn't have one you can workout at. Most clubs workout 2-3 days a week/2-3 hours per workout. However, they might have a time conflict to your schedule.

Good luck.

Also, if you can pick up teaching preschool classes or rec classes, a lot of gyms allow you to work out for free or at a reduced rate if you are on staff.

well i just got a job at a gym yesterday and i start tomorrow so hopefully something will work out there.

BlairBob I just looked at the link and the school I am going to is not on the list. :( but thanks for the idea!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back