Uh-oh...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I

iJaide!

SO... I have my 3rd level 6 meet of the season this Saturday, and it is at my old gym!!! Heres the bad part..
For 4 months I have had my flyaway, perfectly.. I have even competed it twice. BUT this Monday, all the sudden my head decided to go all bonkers and give me mental blocks.. YEP PERFECT! Right before the meet, I wanted to show off the most. (besides state of course) When I was at my old gym, I could never do my flyaways...and my coach even said, "Stop being a baby, or you will never get it!"
AH! I can't stress how much I just wanted to go there and compete it.. and be like, "Really?! Look at me now!"
I can do my flyaway just beautifully over the pit, and I can do it perfectly with someone spotting me on set, onto the mats... But when my coach decides to move her hands, I cant let go!! I have 2 days to get it back!! :eek::eek:

PLEASE SEND ME GOOD LUCK! I am freaking out!! (Probably just a brain fart, but still..)

Good Luck, Maybe the stress about it has caused this block so relax and have a good time and hopefully you will let go :)

The main thing is that YOU know that you CAN perform a flyaway.
Yes it feels like it would be the best thing in the world to show your old coaches at the meet but who are you doing gymnastics for?
You are putting yourself under huge pressure for one skill - go to your meet and show them through your OVERALL PERFORMANCE if you have to think about your old gym at all. The pressure of having them there is quite enough!!
Good luck and your best on the day is good enough. Let us know how you get on :)

Just relax and enjoy yourself. Do not get yourself all worked up. You know you can do it and so does your current coach. Best of luck at your meet. Keep us posted

Thank you all! The meet was great!! I made my flyaway without a spot, and i stuck it!! I got a 9.10 on bars, and placed 1st!
I also took 2nd on VT, 2nd on beam, 3rd on floor, and 1st AA!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back