WAG Ukraine

• Thread starter Deleted member 26744
  • Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

Deleted member 26744

Does anybody know what is going on with Ukraine's women's gymnastics right now? I have been away from gymnastics for a long time. I know they are not as strong as they used to be, and I read their coach Oleg Ostepenko died. Who are there top gymnasts, and is anybody a potential medal winner in the Olympics?

Hi! Unfortunately they even haven`t a single women`s team for OG:rolleyes:
On the international level, only two girls have to compete now. There are Anastasya Bachynska and Diana Varynska...
The situation with men`s gymnastics is better, some gymnasts successfully take part in different competitions (Petro Pachnuk, Illia Kovtun, Igor Radivilov, Yevgen Yudenkov will represent their country in Tokyo)

Hi! Unfortunately they even haven`t a single women`s team for OG:rolleyes:
On the international level, only two girls have to compete now. There are Anastasya Bachynska and Diana Varynska...
The situation with men`s gymnastics is better, some gymnasts successfully take part in different competitions (Petro Pachnuk, Illia Kovtun, Igor Radivilov, Yevgen Yudenkov will represent their country in Tokyo)

That is sad :( Glad the men will be there. The last time I was truly into gymnastics Irina Krasnyanskaya was one of my favorite gymnasts. Does Tourischeva still coach the Ukrainian girls?

That is sad :( Glad the men will be there. The last time I was truly into gymnastics Irina Krasnyanskaya was one of my favorite gymnasts. Does Tourischeva still coach the Ukrainian girls?
Yes! Victoria Karpenko, Alina Kozich and Irina Krasnyanskaya are my fav Ukrainian gymnasts! Especially I loved Alina`s and Irina`s beam programs with a straddle planche mount;)
Lyudmila Tourischeva was elected to the Women's Artistic Gymnastics Technical Committee and has remained involved in gymnastics as a coach, an international judge, and an official with the Ukrainian gymnastics federation. One of her protégés was Lilia Podkopayeva. Lyudmila and her husband live in Kiev now. She was the president of the Artistic Gymnastics Federation of Ukraine until the beginning of 2000th.

Why do we not see more mounts like Irina's
Yes! Victoria Karpenko, Alina Kozich and Irina Krasnyanskaya are my fav Ukrainian gymnasts! Especially I loved Alina`s and Irina`s beam programs with a straddle planche mount;)
Lyudmila Tourischeva was elected to the Women's Artistic Gymnastics Technical Committee and has remained involved in gymnastics as a coach, an international judge, and an official with the Ukrainian gymnastics federation. One of her protégés was Lilia Podkopayeva. Lyudmila and her husband live in Kiev now. She was the president of the Artistic Gymnastics Federation of Ukraine until the beginning of 2000th.

I especially loved Irina on beam too :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back